+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colin Baker RIP.

Re: Colin Baker RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Lovely write-up TOBW!
    Edit: just read the club website and think yours is so much better and far more personal and fitting. Also, as a graphics person, I hate the upper case font on our website that makes Ks look like Hs - just look at Baker in the title. Annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Colin Baker, Wales World Cup player in 1958, one club man with City and all round nice bloke has died at the age of eighty six;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

I attach a match report of this game, which I was lucky enough to attend. It was an amazing atmosphere and a tremendous match to watch. City played extremely well against a team that went on to achieve the double of the League and F A Cup. Spurs included the following players who were household names at the time - Dave Mackay, Danny Blanchflower, Cliff Jones, Johnny White and Les Allen.

It is very sad to hear of the passing of Colin Baker, who was a City stalwart at the time. In the 1962/62 season he was an ever-present, playing the full 42 games for City. I recently had the pleasure of being the Manager of the Glamorgan Junior Golf team and Colin’s two grandsons Oliver and Max were regular members.16879A9B-E4FA-467B-8EE9-A6C6A9426854.jpg85C54010-1DED-445F-8E83-22935FDA4C0B.jpg

Sorry, but the match report did not come out properly because it is too large, and is very blurred.

]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Woosnam; 13-04-21 at 12:39. Reason: Blurred

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Edit: just read the club website and think yours is so much better and far more personal and fitting. Also, as a graphics person, I hate the upper case font on our website that makes Ks look like Hs - just look at Baker in the title. Annoys me.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    I attach a match report of this game, which I was lucky enough to attend. It was an amazing atmosphere and a tremendous match to watch. City played extremely well against a team that went on to achieve the double of the League and F A Cup. Spurs included the following players who were household names at the time - Dave Mackay, Danny Blanchflower, Cliff Jones, Johnny White and Les Allen.

It is very sad to hear of the passing of Colin Baker, who was a City stalwart at the time. In the 1962/62 season he was an ever-present, playing the full 42 games for City. I recently had the pleasure of being the Manager of the Glamorgan Junior Golf team and Colin’s two grandsons Oliver and Max were regular members.16879A9B-E4FA-467B-8EE9-A6C6A9426854.jpg85C54010-1DED-445F-8E83-22935FDA4C0B.jpg
    It was an amazing night. My father and I had been to the rugby in the afternoon and we walked straight to Ninian Park afterwards along with what seemed to be half the crowd from the Arms Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    That was probably the greatest City win I’ve ever seen, City won 3-2 , Spurs did the double that season. The atmosphere to say the least was electric. On a Saturday night because Wales were playing home in the 5 Nations. Official attendance was just over 45,000 but it was nearer 60,000. Amazing night.
    My favourite ever match too, what an atmosphere, only two other matches (RM&L) have ever come close but not as close to that Saturday Night Fever @ NP.
    I agree about the crowd too!