+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My mum,86, walked 7 miles to the hairdressers today because her car wouldn’t start

My mum,86, walked 7 miles to the hairdressers today because her car wouldn’t start

Dear god, she could have rung one of my sons or my nephews but she didn’t want to disturb them, so she walked.

She’s an independent so & so, still drives a tractor (surprised she didn’t take that), uses a bench saw & chainsaw to cut blocks for her fire, spends every daylight hour in her garden, rain, snow or sun. Hasn’t switched her TV on in months, hasn’t charged her mobile in months & can’t figure out how to switch her iPad on.

I’ll be pushing up daisies & she’ll still be going!!

Re: My mum,86, walked 7 miles to the hairdressers today because her car wouldn’t start

Haha Brilliant

Re: My mum,86, walked 7 miles to the hairdressers today because her car wouldn’t start

Can she play centre back?

She’s only 4ft 11 but she’d be useful in midfield, roughing up a few.

When’s she available to start? Looking for grafters

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Dear god, she could have rung one of my sons or my nephews but she didn’t want to disturb them, so she walked.

She’s an independent so & so, still drives a tractor (surprised she didn’t take that), uses a bench saw & chainsaw to cut blocks for her fire, spends every daylight hour in her garden, rain, snow or sun. Hasn’t switched her TV on in months, hasn’t charged her mobile in months & can’t figure out how to switch her iPad on.

Amazing,keep it going young lady

Warnock on route to your mum's as we speak. 3 year deal with an option to extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Warnock on route to your mum's as we speak. 3 year deal with an option to extend.
    And a shoe-in for young player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Thats marvellous, one strong lady, you must be proud .

Wow! Good luck to her.

You would do well just to be half the woman she is, Monsieur Parrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lol....amazing what some people can do....reckon my mother could do it if there was a few bottles of Sherry at the end of the rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lol....amazing what some people can do....reckon my mother could do it if there was a few bottles of Sherry at the end of the rainbow
    A slight variation of 'Any port in a storm' perhaps....

Very similar to my 81 year old mum.
    She never sits still and is always on the the go and she has to look after my 83 year old dad too.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Very similar to my 81 year old mum.
    She never sits still and is always on the the go and she has to look after my 83 year old dad too.
    Great to hear your folks are still doing well mate