+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: READING 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Normally be gutted but seasons over anyway.

Readings close to over.
    Yup.
    The scenario could easily have been quite different and we would all now be feeling sick.

This week and last ridiculously late to concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Ng on the beach already 😠
    I thought he was poor tonight - but he's not a left back.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup.
    The scenario could easily have been quite different and we would all now be feeling sick.

This week and last ridiculously late to concede.
    Yeah wasnt really bothered about last weeks equaliser either.

I was more annoyed with that sh!t ref last week.

A poor advert for this division. The two teams who are supposed to be trying to get up to the Promised Land should have been going flat out to get the win. I saw no evidence of that at all from either team. The result was no good for either of them, and if that’s the best the upper regions of this division can produce, it doesn’t say much for the rest of them.The championship must be the poorest standard for a long time. I hope none of the Cardiff players have a dog at home, as they’ve obviously had trouble hanging on to a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Ng on the beach already 😠
    I think Nelson and Sang were more culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    A poor advert for this division. The two teams who are supposed to be trying to get up to the Promised Land should have been going flat out to get the win. I saw no evidence of that at all from either team. The result was no good for either of them, and if that’s the best the upper regions of this division can produce, it doesn’t say much for the rest of them.The championship must be the poorest standard for a long time. I hope none of the Cardiff players have a dog at home, as they’ve obviously had trouble hanging on to a lead.

Reading’s players agents already have their transfers to Prem clubs secured

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Our season was over to be fair. Reading had to win.

It is a real poor league for us both to have been in contention.

Of course I would have taken the play offs and promotion but this years play off winners have almost no chance of survival without massive spending and probably the top 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Reading’s players agents already have their transfers to Prem clubs secured
    Like who?

Like who?

Goalie
    Olise
    Rinomhota
    Meite
    Joao

Perhaps Puscas

Didn’t even see our goal as I turned off the tv in disgust. We did nowhere near enough to win the game. Smithies wasn’t tested once.
    After such a great start to the season we have fallen away. Our season is done.

Like who?
    He’s on a wind up. Olise will go. I doubt very much a Prem team would be interested in Joao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I thought he was poor tonight - but he's not a left back.
    Agreed it's not his best position but he has to do more to stop the cross. I think even Josh would've done better there ☺️

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

In four games (Watford*, Stoke, Blackburn and now Reading) we have dropped points because MM refuses to make the changes needed to improve things and in a fifth (Swansea) his refusal to use the bench left us with a striker who couldn't move towards the ball he was so knackered.

Is MM so wedded to 343 system that can't bring on fresh legs even though the fresh legs against Forest and now Reading made such a difference in short period of time they were given? And why does he have so little interest in Harris and Watters?

I mentioned earlier that Ralls and Brown's performances were of most interest tonight. I thought Brown had his best game (even played some nice passes going forward) and Ralls really needs time as CM to see what's what because he's been below required standard in every alternative role he's been asked to perform in. Pack having another poor game gives us a good excuse to make the change.

*tired players gave away two freekicks in 30 seconds before Phillips missed the ball.

One quick comment on Reading, several teams have shirt sponsor centered on their chest which pushes club badge up towards the collarbone but Reading's hoops and colour of sponsor logo meant that can't happen as much. One the best looking kits in the league as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He’s on a wind up. Olise will go. I doubt very much a Prem team would be interested in Joao.

He’s a good diver, he’ll suit Palarse

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In four games (Watford*, Stoke, Blackburn and now Reading) we have dropped points because MM refuses to make the changes needed to improve things and in a fifth (Swansea) his refusal to use the bench left us with a striker who couldn't move towards the ball he was so knackered.

Is MM so wedded to 343 system that can't bring on fresh legs even though the fresh legs against Forest and now Reading made such a difference in short period of time they were given? And why does he have so little interest in Harris and Watters?

I mentioned earlier that Ralls and Brown's performances were of most interest tonight. I thought Brown had his best game (even played some nice passes going forward) and Ralls really needs time as CM to see what's what because he's been below required standard in every alternative role he's been asked to perform in. Pack having another poor game gives us a good excuse to make the change.

*tired players gave away two freekicks in 30 seconds before Phillips missed the ball.
    Agree with that. Brown was good tonight particularly as Reading were finding some room down NG's side but, more significantly, we've conceded late against a team which has made multiple substitutions and we look knackered.
    Still like Mick's post match though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Didn’t even see our goal as I turned off the tv in disgust. We did nowhere near enough to win the game. Smithies wasn’t tested once.
    After such a great start to the season we have fallen away. Our season is done.
    What position were you expecting pre season, Pearcey?
    Must be a bit gutting for you after being top six for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Agree with that. Brown was good tonight particularly as Reading were finding some room down NG's side but, more significantly, we've conceded late against a team which has made multiple substitutions and we look knackered.
    Still like Mick's post match though!
    Pauno is just like Mick though. He leaves it far too late to make subs. Bringing three subs on minutes from time when we are losing 1-0 is too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    What position were you expecting pre season, Pearcey?
    Must be a bit gutting for you after being top six for so long.

Bottom half. So it’s been a lot better than I expected but so flat now after such a great start to the season.

Another manager with such a stubborn stance on formations.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Goalie
    Olise
    Rinomhota
    Meite
    Joao

Perhaps Puscas
    Be surprised if this fella's still with Reading next season, he's different class.

It's very rudimentary fare from City. Little creativity and a grim failure to retain possession.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Be surprised if this fella's still with Reading next season, he's different class.
    Yah, he blend in well with the other divers in the Prem

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's very rudimentary fare from City. Little creativity and a grim failure to retain possession.
    It's anti-football. A percentage game based around long balls, set-pieces and stopping the opposition playing rather than doing anything constructive with the ball. Utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    this