+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: READING 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: READING 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It was a better performance than in recent games from the City.

I thought we defended well, with our centre backs all good. When Murphy came on he added pace and a threat. In the end we were a bit unlucky to concede.
    Clearly we need to sort midfield out as we cannot continue to gift possession. If only Murphy could be more consistent he would be a regular match winner, not just an occasional one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's anti-football. A percentage game based around long balls, set-pieces and stopping the opposition playing rather than doing anything constructive with the ball. Utter garbage.
    But still an upgrade on the tripe that Harris’ team served up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    It was a better performance than in recent games from the City.
    Agreed although conceding so late on in consecutive games is just pitiful. Just like we used to be pre Malky/Warnock who seemed to turn us into a team that actually finished games strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed although conceding so late on in consecutive games is just pitiful. Just like we used to be pre Malky/Warnock who seemed to turn us into a team that actually finished games strongly.
    You could see the equaliser (and possibly worse) coming against Blackburn but last night it was just sloppy as Reading, despite having loads of possession, had looked incapable of even forcing a meaningful save from Smithies.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    You could see the equaliser (and possibly worse) coming against Blackburn but last night it was just sloppy as Reading, despite having loads of possession, had looked incapable of even forcing a meaningful save from Smithies.
    That dreaded announcement of added time.

It happened the once and ever since our controlled defensive unit seems to go into panic mode.

One would have thought that MM would have been through the same scenario many times as a player. I bet he wiped the floor with them post match.

I hope it’s not going back to the days of when the added time board went up I’d nervously count the seconds down in my head, ‘one and two and three and four etc’. At one stage it seemed as though I was doing it every game, we always seemed to be a goal in front and on the board going up our defence went into Keystone Cops mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But still an upgrade on the tripe that Harris’ team served up.
    Rubbish. You’d desperately like it to be because of your anti-Harris position, but it isn’t. It’s the same old shite.

It’d be interesting to see a direct comparison of elements such as possession, passes completed, long balls, etc, under the two managers this season. I suspect they’d be almost identical.

Good write up from a Reading fan.

Easy to put yourself in his position, this has been us so many times.

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com...yals-bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Good write up from a Reading fan.

Easy to put yourself in his position, this has been us so many times.

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com...yals-bluebirds
    Yep that site is a good read and he sums up exactly how I feel. I didn’t know we had equalised when I came on here to say well done on the win. I then noticed a poster said 1-1 and realised we had scored and it felt meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep that site is a good read and he sums up exactly how I feel. I didn’t know we had equalised when I came on here to say well done on the win. I then noticed a poster said 1-1 and realised we had scored and it felt meaningless.
    It would suit Reading for Norwich to need a win for promotion tonight. Because if they have their promotion confirmed before kick off Bournemouth might be able to take advantage.

Could be a good game either way that one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It would suit Reading for Norwich to need a win for promotion tonight. Because if they have their promotion confirmed before kick off Bournemouth might be able to take advantage.

Could be a good game either way that one tonight.
    Yeah I know Mike but even if they beat Bournemouth we still need Muff to lose twice more and for us to win all of our remaining games.
    We are done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Rubbish. You’d desperately like it to be because of your anti-Harris position, but it isn’t. It’s the same old shite.

It’d be interesting to see a direct comparison of elements such as possession, passes completed, long balls, etc, under the two managers this season. I suspect they’d be almost identical.
    Wrong again, I’m afraid.