+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priceless comment from a Liverpool fan

Priceless comment from a Liverpool fan

Comment on the BBC website from a North Walian Liverpool fan, posted a few minutes before the end of the Real Madrid game.

"I've never been so disappointed in my 50 years following LFC through thick and thin - goodbye Jürgen and thanks for the lovely memories". Mark, North Wales.

My heart bleeds for him.

Re: Priceless comment from a Liverpool fan

Get a grip.

What he should have said was”The first team is no good,the reserves are no good, the Manager is no good, and he doesn’t know how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Comment on the BBC website from a North Walian Liverpool fan, posted a few minutes before the end of the Real Madrid game.

"I've never been so disappointed in my 50 years following LFC through thick and thin - goodbye Jürgen and thanks for the lovely memories". Mark, North Wales.

My heart bleeds for him.
    "Thick and thin".

Imagine if losing in the quarter-finals of the European Cup two years after you won it and one year after you won the Premier League was your breaking point. Can you imagine if that was us? I'd be so delirious from what happened over the last two years I wouldn't even care.

I lived in Liverpool when I was a student back in the 1970s. At that time, Everton fans were fine; Liverpool supporters moaned more than any others when their team struggled which to be fair wasn’t very often then. Nothing it seems has changed in almost half a century!

thick and thick

whilst genuine Liverpool based scousers are ok , the woolybacks or outsiders as the liverpudlians call Cockney , Welsh , West Country Liverpool hangers on are the worst

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    thick and thick

whilst genuine Liverpool based scousers are ok , the woolybacks or outsiders as the liverpudlians call Cockney , Welsh , West Country Liverpool hangers on are the worst
    Excess Baggage one old scouser described them as.

The plastic mancs in work were happy Liverpool were out but disappointed Citeh won.
    Facking knobheads

It's always the same on the phone ins, can play a pretty good drinking game of shots when a Welsh Liverpool or man u fan comes on.

Read a comment, on a forum or article I can't remember now, some Liverpool fan in reply to someone moaning about their club was like " think about how us Liverpool fans feel this season". I get its all relative to you but I think if we had their success I'd still be hungover.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's always the same on the phone ins, can play a pretty good drinking game of shots when a Welsh Liverpool or man u fan comes on.

Read a comment, on a forum or article I can't remember now, some Liverpool fan in reply to someone moaning about their club was like " think about how us Liverpool fans feel this season". I get its all relative to you but I think if we had their success I'd still be hungover.

They've had a sense of entitlement ever since the Shankly-era and it shows no sign of easing up. Probably worse since their resurgence under Klopp, who ironically I like more than any of their previous managers.

People from outside the community, supporting one of the biggest club sides in the world. Who would have thought it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People from outside the community, supporting one of the biggest club sides in the world. Who would have thought it...
    There's supporting them and then there's acting like you're one of them. It's OK for kids, but don't understand how a grown man can get worked up over a club from a place he has no connection to.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There's supporting them and then there's acting like you're one of them. It's OK for kids, but don't understand how a grown man can get worked up over a club from a place he has no connection to.
    It’s because everyone wants to be associated with a winner. All sports are the same. Most of them have never been anywhere near their nominated team, probably no further north than Caerphilly !

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You could say the same about City fans who aren’t from Cardiff. How far do you want to strip this back?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You could say the same about City fans who aren’t from Cardiff. How far do you want to strip this back?
    well you could but that would be silly

Liverpool have support from Liverpool and towns in the hinterland such as St helens , Chester, Warrington etc , in the same way we have fans from the valleys , Bridgend, Barry, Porthcawl etc , for people in the valleys cardiff city is their local club

What Liverpool and United have is loads of plastic hangers on from South Wales, Devon, London, Hampshire, Dorset , Kent etc

Whats the local club for people in Hampshire? Its pompey , Southampton etc

As in the case of South Wales the area is represented by cardiff , Swansea and Newport

Its certainly not Liverpool or Manchester United

I’d imagine the ones from far flung places have a connection with the area, born here, parents from here etc. I doubt if many randomly plucked us out to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d imagine the ones from far flung places have a connection with the area, born here, parents from here etc. I doubt if many randomly plucked us out to follow.
    I’m talking about folk from Barry, the valleys etc.
    They have local teams they could support, albeit not professional, but local.
    How far do we strip this back?
    What affinity does someone born and living in the Rhondda have, with the City of Cardiff?, or its football team?
    Live and let live is a good motto.

Its funny you should say this.
    I remember hearing or reading that after our "heroic" run and appearance in the FA cup final in 2008, people chose us as their team.

I reckon there are quite a few teenagers around the world who have Cardiff as "their team"..... poor feckers!

What affinity does someone born and living in the Rhondda have, with the City of Cardiff?, or its football team?
    Yea can support who they like but when you start driving past 1 or 2 pro clubs to support another you have no connection to then it's a bit odd for me. But each to their own.

My United supporting mate thinks I'm mad for spending money to see city. I thought he was missing out on plenty, and having watched on tele the last year I think it's even worse. Yea we are generally shit but even if we had got promoted this season watching on stream would still have been a pretty bland and poor version of the game for me.

You are being daft for the sake of it here

Pontypridd is 12 miles from Cardiff

What connection do people from there have with Cardiff ? Its their nearest football club

St helens is 12 miles from Liverpool.?.......the connection is again that Liverpool and Everton are their nearest clubs

The difference is down here loads of people within 12 miles of Cardiff wear Liverpool tops because ........they are plastic football fans 🙄

Live and let live my arse , Cardiff will never be a big club with people like that around

What connection do people from there have with Cardiff ? Its their nearest football club

St helens is 12 miles from Liverpool.?.......the connection is again that Liverpool and Everton are their nearest clubs

The difference is down here loads of people within 12 miles of Cardiff wear Liverpool tops because ........they are plastic football fans 🙄

Live and let live my arse , Cardiff will never be a big club with people like that around
    Talking bollox as usual.

In total agreement with you in this one Sludge.

As you say, it's helluva difference supporting your nearest professional club, usually within a 15 mile radius, and throwing your lot in with a historically successful team 100-200 miles away.

I think we as fans and the club itself have to accept that this will always be the case but the club in particular have a responsibility to
    help maintain and increase our fanbase. Results on the field are the number one priority obviously but they must take great care not to distance themselves from the local community

Plastic Liverpool fan alert on this thread I reckon.😂

I'm a City fan because my uncle wanted to see the great Arsenal side of the late 60's. Just after Christmas in 1968, he took me to my first game to get a Hull stub (honestly) as you needed to get a stub to get a ticket for the Arsenal game. I was 8, my first time in Cardiff (my first time in any City). City beat Hull 3-0, Toshack, Clark & King and this randomly plucked out person with no connections to Cardiff became a through & through Bluebird.

Ironically many decades later I found out that my Grandmother was born in Cardiff (to Geordie parents who had been transferred from Durham to Splott steelworks).

It started with me and at last count I'd infected, wife, 4 sons, 2 cousins, 1 niece & 1 nephew all now Bluebirds, the closest 45 miles away from Sloper Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

My heart bleeds for him.
    They are a very insular people .