Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
A few years back we met up with a family from Audenshaw on holiday in Lanzarote, kids were playing together and we ended up having a few beers with them. He was disillusioned Man Utd fan, he used to go to games at Old Trafford, few pints in The Trafford or Dog and Partridge before and after the game, he loved it. But, and this was over 20 years ago, he reckoned his club didn’t want the likes of locals like him any more just paying the watch the match. They were pushing the commercial side 100mph, his take on it was that they were more interested in coaches from all parts of the country pulling up at the megastore hours before kick off, spending a fortune on tat, the next home game there’d be coaches from other parts of the country doing the self same thing. It worked I s’pose, they became the richest club in the world through such a strategy but the disdain they showed for their local fans leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I wonder if FC United will make the Football League one day?
I certainly hope they do

Both United and Liverpool are horrible corporate beasts and I always want them to lose

Of course so are city , chelsea, arsenal and spurs

Would be good if Norwich put one on the big boys next season