+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liam Williams v Andrade

Liam Williams v Andrade

Surprised that there wasn’t a thread on this.

I fancy that Liam has a real shot at winning The WBO Title tomorrow against Andrade.

I’ve always liked him and was gutted at the Liam Smith defeats.
    Since he left Gary Locket and went to Dom Ingle though and moved up in weight he seems a lot more confident and a little nastier (in a boxing way) with it.

Even though he is the betting underdog, I really rate Liam and am underwhelmed from what I’ve seen of Andrade.

Here’s hoping for another Welsh World Champion tomorrow!

Re: Liam Williams v Andrade

Good luck to Liam.

Hope im wrong but I think Andrade points.

Good luck Liam

Is this on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Is this on TV?
    On DZNE in the US.
    Maybe Sky as it’s a Matchroom show?

It is on DAZN here too.

Ring walk approximately 10:30 UK time. Maybe a bit later the way this fight on the undercard is going.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Ring walk approximately 10:30 UK time. Maybe a bit later the way this fight on the undercard is going.
    I can see Pearson be stopped soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I can see Pearson be stopped soon.
    Yeah

Yeah
    He’s got his second wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He’s got his second wind.
    He did.

He did.
    😆😆

Awful start for Williams.
    Hope the eye holds up.

Decent effort from Williams but I think Andrade takes it on points.

He was a bit naive in the way he was walking forward in straight lines.

Decent effort from Williams but I think Andrade takes it on points.

He was a bit naive in the way he was walking forward in straight lines.
    Totally and too static.
    Great effort though, showed great heart and chin.

Either Williams has a granite chin, or Andrade doesn’t carry much punch power.
    If it’s the latter, then he’ll struggle when he moves up a weight.

Hope I am wrong here but have a bad feeling Williams might show that world level is just a step too far. Can see him challenging for titles again but he needs a different approach if he is going to beat the elite level fighters.

Walking forward in straight lines and looking to drag fighters into a war only takes you so far. Hagler perfected it but Hagler threw ridiculous volume. The bit of success Williams had he didn't capitalise on and he was also getting caught a fair bit too, especially in the first half of the fight.

Hope I am wrong here but have a bad feeling Williams might show that world level is just a step too far. Can see him challenging for titles again but he needs a different approach if he is going to beat the elite level fighters.

Walking forward in straight lines and looking to drag fighters into a war only takes you so far. Hagler perfected it but Hagler threw ridiculous volume. The bit of success Williams had he didn't capitalise on and he was also getting caught a fair bit too, especially in the first half of the fight.
    He's going to end up the Derek Chisora of the middleweight division. Not skilled enough to win a world title, but in that second group of boxers who are honest, hard working, tough as nails and prepared to fight anyone, even if it's on their terms. Like Chisora, he lacks that bit of class and know how to get to the top. I hope that he makes plenty of money and gets out at the right time. It's a brutal sport and anyone who competes at that level of boxing has my utmost respect. If taken seriously, there aren't many sports more brutal or where personal sacrifice is so key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's going to end up the Derek Chisora of the middleweight division. Not skilled enough to win a world title, but in that second group of boxers who are honest, hard working, tough as nails and prepared to fight anyone, even if it's on their terms. Like Chisora, he lacks that bit of class and know how to get to the top. I hope that he makes plenty of money and gets out at the right time. It's a brutal sport and anyone who competes at that level of boxing has my utmost respect. If taken seriously, there aren't many sports more brutal or where personal sacrifice is so key to success.
    Oh I wish him well and hope he makes as much from the game with as little damage as I do for most fighters really.

Nothing worse than your Social Media Rocky who calls afighter a bum or whatever while being virtually guaranteed to fill their boxers if they sparred a decent fighter with a bit of knowhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I see him like Martin Murray.
    Hard as Fcuk, Game as Fcuk...just short of world level.