+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Years Squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Years Squad

I'd say the full-backs are pretty sorted. Perry Ng on the right, with Tom Sang as cover. Bennett and Bagan on the left.
    We're lacking creativity in the midfield, and a couple of back up strikers. We have Watters and Harris, but it means changing the way we play.
    Personally, I think we should go back to 4-4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd say the full-backs are pretty sorted. Perry Ng on the right, with Tom Sang as cover. Bennett and Bagan on the left.
    We're lacking creativity in the midfield, and a couple of back up strikers. We have Watters and Harris, but it means changing the way we play.
    Personally, I think we should go back to 4-4-2.
    Bennett is out of contract and will be out for some time, I'm sure I read he won't be fit for the new season.

I can't see MM changing from this formation. He talked about playing players in there correct positions and at the time he did and 5 at the back made sense. Since then he has put Ralls to left wing back rather than try and switch things up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bennett is out of contract and will be out for some time, I'm sure I read he won't be fit for the new season.

I can't see MM changing from this formation. He talked about playing players in there correct positions and at the time he did and 5 at the back made sense. Since then he has put Ralls to left wing back rather than try and switch things up.
    But it doesn't work without Morrison (an additional threat in opposition's box and somewhat competent on the ball) and recent results are prove of that. It also asks too much of Moore when he's deserving of a rest.

Going to four at the back also wouldn't work because it would expose Sang too much and selling Cunningham means we're short on full-backs.

Both Harris and Mick have found formations/systems that are a short-term fix but Harris' plans derailed when he tried something else and now previously made complaints are cropping up on here again under MM. Some of the same issues will be seen next year too as it's unlikely significant change can be made to both the defence and the midfield (they're each fine as individuals but balance is all wrong) especially with so many wider players leaving and needing replacements.