+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keiffers 20 Goals

Keiffers 20 Goals

When he scored his 16th against Derby with 12 games remaining you’d have banked on him reaching 20.
    Still a chance but not likely at this point. Shame he was flogged by both managers.

Re: Keiffers 20 Goals

Well lets will him onto it

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    When he scored his 16th against Derby with 12 games remaining you’d have banked on him reaching 20.
    Still a chance but not likely at this point. Shame he was flogged by both managers.
    Flogged as in played too much?
    Surely a professional athlete should be able to manage two games a week.

I got carried away at the time and thought 25 goals was on.

No point in over playing him now and going into next season knackered.

I also thought he'd hit 20 with games to spare. There's still time...

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    As they don't normally play two games a week, I'd say maybe not.

Well he's clearly knackered so he's either unfit person orrr he's fit but been pushed too hard. Most people think the latter.

This is a debate I am constantly having with friends.

I know Moore gets battered but if we have flogged him, then you wonder about training.

I understand that its intense being a professional athlete but two 90 minutes games a week for players in their 20's and 30's doesn't, in my mind, seem to be 'flogging' players.

If you're playing two intense games a week and the players can't cope then perhaps the training and recovery is not quite right.

Probably will get flogged for this but don’t think he’s the fittest guy in the world. Puffing out of his rear after 10 minutes

Another one this evening....

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Probably will get flogged for this but don’t think he’s the fittest guy in the world. Puffing out of his rear after 10 minutes
    Interesting as I don't know many forwards his size who cover the ground and press like he does.

His penalties so far have been immense.

He was described as knackered 6 days ago then played 90 minutes against Blackburn and 96 minutes against Reading.

Footballers this year have had minimal break over the summer because of covid and both before and after that short break have been asked to play two games a week more often than usual...and Kieffer does an awful lot of hard work up front.

Fitness levels should not be judged based on this crazy period of time.

I think it’s just his demeanour, he looks knackered as soon as he emerges from the tunnel. But I reckon the way he’s soldiered on he’s most probably one of, if not, the fittest player in the side, he’s got loads of work to get through due to the way we play and he never chucks the towel in, no rest during the international breaks either, he’s had non stop football for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think it’s just his demeanour, he looks knackered as soon as he emerges from the tunnel. But I reckon the way he’s soldiered on he’s most probably one of, if not, the fittest player in the side, he’s got loads of work to get through due to the way we play and he never chucks the towel in, no rest during the international breaks either, he’s had non stop football for ages.
    That's not completely true. He's been given far more rest by Wales (Wilson and Jonny Williams have been used as false 10 recently) than at club level.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Agree with your demeanour point , he sorts of walks with a stagger limp as well , he is young athletic , he is find as he runs and runs its part of his game I guess the , perhaps the mgr should examine the reason why he has to do so much running that may effect his finishing and presence in the box .

Its great to have a striker who is a threat in double figures , its been so long.

I bet he wants to play every match as well.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That's not completely true. He's been given far more rest by Wales (Wilson and Jonny Williams have been used as false 10 recently) than at club level.
    He’s still got to travel, ok he’s not necessarily playing, but I understand what Mr Parker is saying.

Not entirely agreeing with it, but I understand it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agree with your demeanour point , he sorts of walks with a stagger limp as well , he is young athletic , he is find as he runs and runs its part of his game I guess the , perhaps the mgr should examine the reason why he has to do so much running that may effect his finishing and presence in the box .

Its great to have a striker who is a threat in double figures , its been so long.

I bet he wants to play every match as well.
    That first paragraph was a difficult read.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How do you work out that he’s been given far more rest by Wales? Players who aren’t called up for international duty have a bit of leisure time I’d imagine while the ones called up work and train as normal with no let up. The only ‘rest’ they get, if you can call it rest, if they aren’t in the starting XI is the minutes they spend on the sideline during the matches. A lot of the hard work is done on the training ground which Moore would have been constantly involved in.