+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What show would you bring back

Re: What show would you bring back

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I almost met him last year Geraint.
    I stopped off in Cenarth falls down by Newcastle Emlyn in West Wales. He had books on sale In the pub down there and the landlady said he will be back over the pub in 45 mins if we want to wait and buy his book and get it signed by him. He genuinely had a book out all about the coracle.
    He'd popped home for his tea and to watch the lottery being drawn the landlady said.
    I wished I'd stayed on to see him and got a photo and a video of him saying mainly its because its a challenge.
    But it was so cold outside and I couldn't drink no more as I was driving

Didn't swing by Fishguard by any chance to see Huw Pugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Alias Smith and Jones

Randall and Hopkirk deceased
    Don't say Marty's dead?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Didn't swing by Fishguard by any chance to see Huw Pugh?
    and Kenny twat

There seem to be some dongs on here that think that Till Death Us Do Part and love thy neighbor were pro racist TV.
    They were both in there own way, and one less successfully (garbage writing) both trying to show how racist Britain was.
    Sad to say we haven't come far on those issues even today

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    There seem to be some dongs on here that think that Till Death Us Do Part and love thy neighbor were pro racist TV.
    They were both in there own way, and one less successfully (garbage writing) both trying to show how racist Britain was.
    Sad to say we haven't come far on those issues even today
    ‘Til Death Us Do Part was definitely Johnny Speight’s, ably aided by Warren Mitchell, dig at racists and working class Tories. Not too sure about Love Thy Neighbour, it was just plain daft and in true ITV style with most of its sitcoms playing for cheap laughs in my opinion.

only fools you plonkers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Til Death Us Do Part was definitely Johnny Speight’s, ably aided by Warren Mitchell, dig at racists and working class Tories. Not too sure about Love Thy Neighbour, it was just plain daft and in true ITV style with most of its sitcoms playing for cheap laughs in my opinion.
    agreed it didn't have the writers but it was kind of a light weight poor version

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This links nicely to another recent popular thread on here because the actress who played Jack Smethurst's wife in Love Thy Neighbour (Kate Williams) had a part in the recent series of Unforgotten.

Benny Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Fireball XL5
    Supercar
    Stingray
    Thunderbirds
    Captain Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Supercar
    Stingray
    Thunderbirds
    Captain Scarlet
    Thunderbirds is back. Its latest version, Thunderbirds are Go, has been on ITV for a few years. From what I've seen it's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thunderbirds is back. Its latest version, Thunderbirds are Go, has been on ITV for a few years. From what I've seen it's not bad.
    Another kids show that was rebooted a few years ago was Dangermouse - and the new version is genuinely excellent.

on the other hand the rebooted version of Thundercats - Thundercats Roar is one of the worst kids shows ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Another kids show that was rebooted a few years ago was Dangermouse - and the new version is genuinely excellent.

on the other hand the rebooted version of Thundercats - Thundercats Roar is one of the worst kids shows ever made.
    Haven't watched the newer Dangermouse - I might give it a look.
    As a footnote, Parker is voiced by the same person in both versions- an actor named David Graham. He's now 95.

Not being back as I think they did as a cartoon but always wanted them to make a Thundercats film.