+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Re: European Super League imminent?

Good, rumours are Chelsea and Man City were reluctant to join in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Good, let the rest follow and punish all of them.
    Punish them for what?
    If Chelsea and the other 5 were to pull out, then what would they be punished for.
    That would be like the fuzz arresting someone, just for thinking about throwing a brick through a jewellers window 😂

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Chelsea have bottled it
    Maybe we can have their place.

Man City just withdrew from it too.

man city pulling out now as well

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why do you describe it as “bottling it”
    Do you not think it’s a good thing they are reconsidering?
    I saw a granny loosely clutching her handbag at the bus stop today. Crept up beside her but then the bus turned up so I couldn't nab it.

Can I have a pat on the back and a round of applause please?

dont like the backlash... but damage been done by the intent

new ownership would be ideal now as the fans see what they are capable of... but that wont happen

Punish them for what?
    If Chelsea and the other 5 were to pull out, then what would they be punished for.
    That would be like the fuzz arresting someone, just for thinking about throwing a brick through a jewellers window 😂
    No, it is like them arresting somebody for sending a letter to a jewellers telling them they are going to throw a brick through their window.

It looks like Bale might need to have a word with his agent.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eague-20427207

If Bale was behind this then it doesn't put him in a good light, especially now that it is unravelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    No, it is like them arresting somebody for sending a letter to a jewellers telling them they are going to throw a brick through their window.
    What ever. Why can’t fans just be happy that clubs are starting to realise they were about to drop a clanger. Hate terms like “bottling it”.
    If Tan had changed his mind so quick about the rebrand, it would have saved a lot of turmoil and bitterness.

What ever. Why can’t fans just be happy that clubs are starting to realise they were about to drop a clanger. Hate terms like “bottling it”.
    If Tan had changed his mind so quick about the rebrand, it would have saved a lot of turmoil and bitterness.
    You only honestly think they won't/shouldn't get punished?

Ed Woodward resigns from MU

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ed Woodward resigns from MU
    wow it's all happening

I wonder how much the decisions to back out has to to with the backlash on this thread

Looks like it's all falling apart. I hope the PL really throw the book at them. Big fines, big points deductions.
    But they won't. And the Champions League will be tweaked to keep them all on board.

Athletico and Barca pulling out.

Woodward is leaving at the end of 2021, I don’t see how he can do that if he’s going because of the ESL.

Are you that naive, that you think they didn’t realise what the general reaction would be ?
    I've been surprised at the level of reaction and I imagine the clubs didn't expect such a reaction either. You've had governments condemning the plans for goodness sake

You don't want them to be punished for trying to rip up domestic football, are you that naïve to think they won't try again? Oh that's alright lads, try and rip up domestic football, show a complete lack of regard for fans, clubs and competition none of that matters now you've written an apology

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Looks like it's all falling apart. I hope the PL really throw the book at them. Big fines, big points deductions.
    But they won't. And the Champions League will be tweaked to keep them all on board.
    We don't yet know what the PL have promised them yet, they may well have offered a sweetener.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Woodward is leaving at the end of 2021, I don’t see how he can do that if he’s going because of the ESL.
    Hes left already

Honigstein💙
    @honigstein

Earlier, I've put it to a German club official that the Super League 12 must have some really clever ideas to get around all the obstacles, relative to the huge reputational risk they're facing.

Answer: "Never underestimate the incompetence of people."

8:06 PM · Apr 20, 2021

Love this from Luke Shaw and Kevin De Bruyne

https://twitter.com/LukeShaw23/statu...833114627?s=20

https://twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/stat...653229572?s=20

Nice to see players speaking out

It appears that it's folding before it's started but are fans happy with the state of the game now that it's done?

i) concerns about young people getting into football should still exist. Perez said youth weren't interested in current modal of football to which someone stuck up a ticket for Real Madrid Champions League youth ticket which cost £80. Extreme ticket prices, amongst other things, cut out new supporters.

ii) concern about billionaire owners having ridiculous amounts of power over clubs they own should still exist. Are we now going to show more support to supporter's trusts and get fan representation on the board? Are the English FA still going to allow owners like ex-Wigan owner come in?

iii) concerns about extreme wealth inequality restricting competition in each league should still exist. The extreme inequality still exists just on a lesser scale. New Champions League modal was pushed through while we were distracted so can we have a European wide spending cap now please.

Or do fans just go back to the ticking time bomb that was football before this was suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We don't yet know what the PL have promised them yet, they may well have offered a sweetener.
    There is absolutely no need to. Those clubs have just been educated as to what is important. On the contrary, my hope is that this is a watershed moment and governing bodies will actually do more of what they are supposed to, and govern. These clubs should be punished, heavily. But at the same time rules must now be brought in to actually insist on better quality humans running these clubs for the benefit of the fans; and some proper financial control put in place. This has to spell the end of the nonsense of the last 20 years or so.

To be fair to Perez he did have some great ideas to make the game more attractive to prospective younger fans.

Shorter games for one!

I think he was about to suggest bigger goals, more goals, cheerleaders, four quarters and US television personalities acting as celebrity refs, but the interviewer ran out of time.