+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Re: European Super League imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Seems we might know quite quickly how much of this is posturing.

If they try to crawl back, they have to be punished heavily. Banned from Europe for years, relegated, fined, ownerships changed. It's gone too far this time.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Will this cause the birth of new regional clubs trying to get a slice of the pie? Who knows.

Leeds nowhere near big enough but would they try and get a Yorkshire team? It would never work long term as it would still be another 'Leeds' but who knows if they'll even try.
    Leeds not big enough?? as much as I dont like them they're as big as Chelsea an Tottenham at least.

The more I hear/read about this developing - I think they have royally ****ed up and there is no way back.. I would be surprised if you see these six clubs playing domestic football for a while - I think the project will die on it's arse - I think the clubs should be expelled permanently, today. They won't be - and as such - Hope Leeds absolutely smash the **** out of Liverpool tonight. I'm having a large bet on that - reckon the Liverpool players will have a bit of shame about them that will be hard to shake this evening.

5 auto up from the Championship please with 6-9 in the play offs

in all honesty would we really miss man c, liverp, chelsea, man u, arsenal and swansea?

Chatter from Europe that there maybe a meeting Friday in attempt to boot out these clubs form this years semi final competition

I strongly dislike how good a group of people have become at delivering bad news and waltzing through any negative feedback untouched.

David Cameron used to say what he wanted then quickly walk away so not to answer any follow up questions; Boris Johnson ruffles his hair, lies, denies reality and then makes a cheesy joke which tells us we can all do it; billionaire owners of these clubs stay silent and allow their managers and players to take all the flack.

Clubs, fans, players should remember we're all pretty much in it together - currently under broken structure where we're definitely not all in it together - apart from 12 owners of the club's and JP Morgan who have agreed to get involved and take an even greater slice of the pie. Several hours (and messages on) and I'm still a bit depressed about the state of football, especially the knowledge that in a few days the owners will release a statement where some feel their reaction today has been OTT and overcorrect to now support the owners.

What if its not a European Super League and in fact a world super league including USA sides , lot of USA owners in the top 6 clubs , USA Investment bank in JP Morgan, strangely announced late at night to factor in Asian markets .

The only groups that can stop this are the fans ( and the SO FAR silent players ,their usually twittering away by now ) ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What if its not a European Super League and in fact a world super league including USA sides , lot of USA owners in the top 6 clubs , USA Investment bank in JP Morgan, strangely announced late at night to factor in Asian markets .

The only groups that can stop this are the fans ( and the SO FAR silent players ,their usually twittering away by now ) ???
    Could well become a 'global' project. The owners/CEO's of these clubs are sitting on their individual 'money tree'. A brand that is proven over a century and has the potential to make their owners £billions with hardly any risk involved.

Rashford needs to sort this out pronto.

The guy on sky sports just said it's just as well the Leeds fans are not in tonight, just imagine what they would make of it. Shame they ain't there I bet it would have been one hell of an atmosphere and a bit embarrassing for Liverpool.

UEFA was just about to announce their latest re-jig of the Champions League format, and anyone who reads the football news will be aware that it was already moving towards exactly what this new group are after. Sure, UEFA's latest plans didn't include a closed shop, but it may as well have. It would certainly make it harder for any newcomers to break into it, and much easier for the 'old guard' to qualify and proceed.

And now we have the huge uproar over the Super League. So what will happen is that UEFA will tweak their new CL format a bit more, and pretend that it's somehow fairer and more open, when in fact, things will be just that little bit closer to the SL plans. And we'll all heave a sigh of relief, as the greedy beggars will 'back down' and 'accept' this new deal, which will give them all that they seek, just under a different name. Just watch...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    UEFA was just about to announce their latest re-jig of the Champions League format, and anyone who reads the football news will be aware that it was already moving towards exactly what this new group are after. Sure, UEFA's latest plans didn't include a closed shop, but it may as well have. It would certainly make it harder for any newcomers to break into it, and much easier for the 'old guard' to qualify and proceed.

And now we have the huge uproar over the Super League. So what will happen is that UEFA will tweak their new CL format a bit more, and pretend that it's somehow fairer and more open, when in fact, things will be just that little bit closer to the SL plans. And we'll all heave a sigh of relief, as the greedy beggars will 'back down' and 'accept' this new deal, which will give them all that they seek, just under a different name. Just watch...
    One way or another this has been a carefully engineered move - maybe with the tacit approval of UEFA

Spot on.

They've all resigned their senior positions. This isn't a bluff, it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Still laughing about spurs being in there. I'm guessing glamour, club history and current footballing ability weren't the criteria to be picked
    The reason Spurs are there is so they have 6 EPL teams onboard. That reduces the EPL options as they need 15 clubs to support any sanctions!

In the statements they've released they refer to current fans as 'legacy fans' and others as 'future fans'.

They may as well say, you lot can **** off because some sap will take your place.

I have no interest in the Premier League or Euro Competitions but I really hope this fails in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    The reason Spurs are there is so they have 6 EPL teams onboard. That reduces the EPL options as they need 15 clubs to support any sanctions!
    Thats interesting! So they effectively can't be punished under the existing system

Wonder if we'll be seeing completely new clubs in this tournament, fc paris, fc Munich etc

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

If the 6 get kicked out of the EPL the cubs no longer have any reason to be based in England, within 5 years at least one team will be moved where its financially better to base the, for tax reasons maybe, games will be played all round the world within 2 years. There was uproar about the 39th game proposed years ago, this ESL will be played in China, Dubaii, wherever anyone wants to pay enough money to host games. The "legacy" fans dont matter anymore.

What happens in 10 yrs time when Spurs have finished in bottom 2 for 8 yrs but are still getting same money as Real, will there be a super duper league?

I wonder if they'll promote an extra team to push through sanctions. maybe someone who was relegated a couple of seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Thats interesting! So they effectively can't be punished under the existing system
    Steady on. No criticism of the op but there will be more to it than that. And even outside of EPL/FA sanctions there is plenty that can be done.

As someone said: they've gone too far this time. The Rubicon has been crossed and there can be no concession or return. This will happen. The question is whether the wider football community and the"legacy fans" have the fortitude to ensure it fails. I'd generally be pessimistic about it but the condemnation seems to be pretty universal. I really, really hope these clubs are made pariahs; their fans pick the nearest local club to support; and those behind it suffer monumental losses. And John Terry is jailed.

I understood it’s at least two-thirds i.e 14 clubs.

It said on R2 (i think) earlier that it was 75%, but just checking and you're right, its 14, so kick the feckers out now. guess we'll know tomorrow as theres an EGM called of the 14. Its going ti be an interesting week.

It said on R2 (i think) earlier that it was 75%, but just checking and you're right, its 14, so kick the feckers out now. guess we'll know tomorrow as theres an EGM called of the 14. Its going ti be an interesting week.
    Leicester/West Ham may be getting an early morning call before the EGM.

Evidently rule changes need 14, but to kick a team out needs75%.