+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Re: European Super League imminent?

Andrea Agnellil resigns as president of Juventus!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Are you that naive, that you think they didn’t realise what the general reaction would be ?
    No, I don’t think they did - looks to me as if they have been taken aback by the ferocity of the reaction.

It really is the year for shambolic coup attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It appears that it's folding before it's started but are fans happy with the state of the game now that it's done?

i) concerns about young people getting into football should still exist. Perez said youth weren't interested in current modal of football to which someone stuck up a ticket for Real Madrid Champions League youth ticket which cost £80. Extreme ticket prices, amongst other things, cut out new supporters.

ii) concern about billionaire owners having ridiculous amounts of power over clubs they own should still exist. Are we now going to show more support to supporter's trusts and get fan representation on the board? Are the English FA still going to allow owners like ex-Wigan owner come in?

iii) concerns about extreme wealth inequality restricting competition in each league should still exist. The extreme inequality still exists just on a lesser scale. New Champions League modal was pushed through while we were distracted so can we have a European wide spending cap now please.

Or do fans just go back to the ticking time bomb that was football before this was suggested?
    Aren't the government finally launching their review into football governance? I'm not expecting much but surely these past couple of days must show them that genuine change is needed overwise this will happen again

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Johnson and his cronies are loving having the spotlight taken away from their sleaze by this farrago

When you consider the recent effects of Covid for fans and smaller clubs and jobs lost within those clubs , this move is so callous and disgusting

Roy Race walks away from Melchester Rovers, Blackie Grey to follow.....the world’s caving in.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've been surprised at the level of reaction and I imagine the clubs didn't expect such a reaction either. You've had governments condemning the plans for goodness sake

You don't want them to be punished for trying to rip up domestic football, are you that naïve to think they won't try again? Oh that's alright lads, try and rip up domestic football, show a complete lack of regard for fans, clubs and competition none of that matters now you've written an apology
    No. Of course they shouldn’t be punished. The fans of the clubs were against it, as were the players. It’s not their fault they have power hungry greedy ****ers running their clubs.
    I’d have been all for throwing the book at them if they’d gone ahead, but they’ve not.
    Pressures on the other 4 now.

Best protest banner so far - "We want our cold nights in Stoke"

No. Of course they shouldn’t be punished. The fans of the clubs were against it, as were the players. It’s not their fault they have power hungry greedy ****ers running their clubs.
    I’d have been all for throwing the book at them if they’d gone ahead, but they’ve not.

They can be punished, fine the owners, punish them, not the players or, indirectly, the fans. Put the money in a ‘help the lower league clubs’ pot to be distributed in genuine hardship cases.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good to see the Grauniad spellchecker is still in the box, Jon! Caveat Copier as they say!

Fans and players aren't responsible for clubs going into admin yet get punished. There are fans of these teams calling for their own clubs to be punished.

Did the Wigan fans deserve relegation for the owner's stitch up?

Did the Wigan fans deserve relegation for the owner's stitch up?
    Are we talking about punishing the clubs or the owners? I’m all for the latter.

Aren't the government finally launching their review into football governance? I'm not expecting much but surely these past couple of days must show them that genuine change is needed overwise this will happen again
    I guess we'll see what happens. Will be fascinating to see how much of the ticking time bomb is allowed to continue or whether fans of these clubs (and others) push for stakes in their club.

One thing that still annoys me is that Portsmouth won an FA Cup thanks to dodgy dealings which the league caught up with eventually and punished them. If that was the Olympics the unfortunate silver medalists would have retrospectively been awarded gold

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Johnson and his cronies are loving having the spotlight taken away from their sleaze by this farrago
    Your post is a political comment based presumably on your own beliefs and has nothing whatsoever to do with the theme of this thread.

To be fair to Perez he did have some great ideas to make the game more attractive to prospective younger fans.

Shorter games for one!

I think he was about to suggest bigger goals, more goals, cheerleaders, four quarters and US television personalities acting as celebrity refs, but the interviewer ran out of time.
    The mans a nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Your post is a political comment based presumably on your own beliefs and has nothing whatsoever to do with the theme of this thread.
    The thread is about the European Super League which Johnson has involved himself in, surely that means mentioning him in this thread is relevant. And it is true that any incompetent person thrives on deflection.

The ESL is a house of cards ... built on sand...on an earthquake fault...on the slopes of an active volcano

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One thing that still annoys me is that Portsmouth won an FA Cup thanks to dodgy dealings which the league caught up with eventually and punished them. If that was the Olympics the unfortunate silver medalists would have retrospectively been awarded gold
    Good post , contact Sky Sports and tell Gary Neville , he’ll get on the case Cardiff City FA Cup Winners 1927,2008

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ironically I caught Harry Redknapp on the radio today waffling on about big money, wealthy owners with no connection to clubs etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ironically I caught Harry Redknapp on the radio today waffling on about big money, wealthy owners with no connection to clubs etc etc
    So nothing to do with ‘Arry splashing the cash when he was at Pompey then .....

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    So nothing to do with ‘Arry splashing the cash when he was at Pompey then .....
    Didn't he try to claim his dog signed all the deals? Crooked character.