+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Super League imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What we’ve not heard much of is an attempted justification from the twelve for their actions - having read the advertising bollox revealed here, perhaps that’s understandable;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ying-breakaway

On the other hand, maybe more of this sort of thing from Florentino Perez will win the doubters around?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...interview.html
    one thing I don't understand is these games between the elite clubs in the champions League are obviously massive events - there is a natural crescendo to a cup competition and that raises interest and excitement (and revenue)

they've assumed that more games between giants = more excitement = more revenue
    towards the end of a league , where there is just one winner and no relegation - there won't be the same level of interest in a game between a team in 9th and ,7th both with nothing to play for

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    one thing I don't understand is these games between the elite clubs in the champions League are obviously massive events - there is a natural crescendo to a cup competition and that raises interest and excitement (and revenue)

they've assumed that more games between giants = more excitement = more revenue
    towards the end of a league , where there is just one winner and no relegation - there won't be the same level of interest in a game between a team in 9th and ,7th both with nothing to play for
    Agreed, as I mentioned yesterday, I see parallels with autumn internationals in rugby whereby teams that used to come to the UK every five years or so making games against them real events now turn up almost every year and an awful lot of the “magic” of, say, a Wales v South Africa match has been lost as a result.

Are they going to be using temporary substitutes for free kicks and pelantys ?

Edit:----- Haven't read the whole thread, has anyone mentioned "Who are going to Ref these games", or is it all done by computer.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Are they going to be using temporary substitutes for free kicks and pelantys ?

Edit:----- Haven't read the whole thread, has anyone mentioned "Who are going to Ref these games", or is it all done by computer.
    I'd imagine that after sorting out the clubs, the players and the broadcasters, getting the " REFS " won't be a problem