+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Super League imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Probably the same as we got last time around.
    Fair enough. If you genuinely believe that, the discussion is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What does your crystal ball say?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What does your crystal ball say?
    My crystal ball says the Premier League would be hugely devalued without the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea, and the knock-on effect would be that the second tier would also be greatly devalued, as would the cup competitions.

Go on then, how many fans would Cardiff average in a season where we're pushing for promotion to the top flight? 10,000? 15,000?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Go on then, how many fans would Cardiff average in a season where we're pushing for promotion to the top flight? 10,000? 15,000?
    Who knows? But I'm certain that the lure of playing in a top flight where the biggest clubs are the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool would be significantly diminished if the biggest clubs in the division were Everton, Newcastle and West Ham.

Who knows? But I'm certain that the lure of playing in a top flight where the biggest clubs are the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool would be significantly diminished if the biggest clubs in the division were Everton, Newcastle and West Ham.
    How could you forget Leeds? Or have they had an invite too.....

Lets be honest for all the club owners the main lure of Premier League is the money , the actual opposition is largely irrelevant !!
    Yes , its sounds better when playing Liverpool,Man Utd, etc but they get a bigger slice for playing games against Burnley, Sheff Utd ,etc in a bottom 3 Premier game than playing Brentford v or Swansea in a top six Championship game!

i am assuming the new league is looking to let the clubs own the tv rights so sign up now for your ECL SUPER LEAGUE season ticket for all the league games "Home and Away" only £540 (£30 a game) else £35 a game..... this offer only covers the 18 league games not play offs or last 16 games.

Oh yeah , we might have fans who actually want to be in the stadium .......ummm, errrr we'll announce details on those seats when we work out how much we need to make on the day to cover policing, hospitality, stewarding ,etc

These clubs know what they're doing. they will have anticipated the reaction of the major football organizations, and 'supporters' alike, and have solutions and answers for all. I'm pretty certain they'll retain teams in their various leagues, albeit a second string which will probably be as strong as a top 6, with overall squads of 40+ - which they'll be able to afford. They may change the names, ie Man Utd play as the 'Red Devils' in the PL, and they won't need to come in the top 4 anyway because they're already there.