+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Super League imminent?

The more the story has gathered pace over the past 48hrs, the more I personally think it won't amount to anything. I've been glued to the media in fascination and its just getting farcical now.
    There's no way they can proceed with it and i'll bet the clubs executives are having internal shit your pants meetings discussing how they can get out of it showing face and minimising embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The more the story has gathered pace over the past 48hrs, the more I personally think it won't amount to anything. I've been glued to the media in fascination and its just getting farcical now.
    There's no way they can proceed with it and i'll bet the clubs executives are having internal shit your pants meetings discussing how they can get out of it showing face and minimising embarrassment.
    it'll be interesting to see what happens next, will they keep pushing for it, or try to extract some kind of concession from uefa to make it go away.
    if it is defeated then the punishments need to be severe and stricter laws brought in to prevent it from happening again

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it'll be interesting to see what happens next, will they keep pushing for it, or try to extract some kind of concession from uefa to make it go away.
    if it is defeated then the punishments need to be severe and stricter laws brought in to prevent it from happening again
    Wouldn't UEFA be in the stronger position though if the clubs back down? There usual threat for concessions would be gone because they've bottled it and future threats wouldn't be taken as seriously?