+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Re: European Super League imminent?

weren't uefa having a meeting today? if there's going to be any immediate punishment we might hear about it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    weren't uefa having a meeting today? if there's going to be any immediate punishment we might hear about it soon
    Have Real Madrid technically withdrawn from the super league yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    nope, and they remain bullish

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They will be playing Atletico every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They will be playing Atletico every week.
    And el Classico

I can see this lot having a " invite only friendly cup " mid season, just invite only, taking it around the globe playing games midweek
    They will setup the TV streaming service ( so they can control the money ) maybe have 2 or 3 games a night ,

Man City V Barca, Liverpool V Inter Milan and Real V Spurs all at the Khalifa Stadium , Cheerleader entertainment starts at 1, KO at 3, 5.30 and 8, 4 X 1/4's of 20 mins, No Overtime

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56972776

The Premier League is to bring in a new owners' charter to stop future attempts to join a breakaway Super League.

Interesting snippet I heard on SSN
    Juve are still hoping for the ESL to go ahead, and are still part of it (only 3 clubs?)

Serie A say their rules are clear - if Juve are still in the ESL when the next season of Serie A starts ...
    Juve can't play in the Serie A!

The old curse comes to mind -" May you live in Interesting Times"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Interesting snippet I heard on SSN
    Juve are still hoping for the ESL to go ahead, and are still part of it (only 3 clubs?)

Serie A say their rules are clear - if Juve are still in the ESL when the next season of Serie A starts ...
    Juve can't play in the Serie A!

The old curse comes to mind -" May you live in Interesting Times"
    Didn't UEFA say the same for European competitions? Weren't all 12 clubs going to be kicked out on the Friday of the week the news broke? Chelsea still played Real didn't they? I get that the 9 who "left" the ESL get to continue but ought Madrid not have been kicked out of the competition before that game?

I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of an aftermath to all of this. I'd love it if Juve are booted out of Serie A.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Didn't UEFA say the same for European competitions? Weren't all 12 clubs going to be kicked out on the Friday of the week the news broke? Chelsea still played Real didn't they? I get that the 9 who "left" the ESL get to continue but ought Madrid not have been kicked out of the competition before that game?

I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of an aftermath to all of this. I'd love it if Juve are booted out of Serie A.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the 9 who folded first had agreed to forfeit 5% of their champion's league revenues from next season as a punishment, and the 3 that were still going for it were likely to get a bigger punishment.

can't remember where though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the 9 who folded first had agreed to forfeit 5% of their champion's league revenues from next season as a punishment, and the 3 that were still going for it were likely to get a bigger punishment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57031372

This?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yes that

Tottenham & Arsenal were probably quite happy to give up 5% of next season’s Champions League income...