+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince Philip's funeral: 13.6 million watch ceremony in UK

Prince Philip's funeral: 13.6 million watch ceremony in UK

Prince Philip's funeral: 13.6 million watch ceremony in UK.

RIP

Re: Prince Philip's funeral: 13.6 million watch ceremony in UK

Prince Philip's funeral: 55.8 million don't bother to watch ceremony in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

RIP
    Diana's was watched by about 32 million. I reckon that once Liz croaks her last less people would watch hers than Di's.

RIP
    13.6 million people died watching the funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    13.6 million people died watching the funeral?
    Tasteful comment

Tasteful comment
    Question for you: why did you think this 'news' was worthy of a thread on CCMB?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Diana's was watched by about 32 million. I reckon that once Liz croaks her last less people would watch hers than Di's.
    Undoubtedly the Royal Family has declined in popularity since those days, Eric

Sky was around then but not as popular. And now we have Netflix, Youtube, Prime etc. So it is a very different TV world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Question for you. Why did you even open it and contribute if you don’t think it’s worthy?

Off with your head David Sugarman

RIP
    You're a funny one is you. Right wing politically, a royalist it seems, yet you've said on here on occasion that growing up, you didn't have a pot to piss in, quite extreme poverty if i'm correct, a tough innings. You have my sympathy. Yet you champion those politically and an institution that belongs to an establishment which either directly or indirectly contributed towards your poverty, through the class system that they crave. You can obviously think what you like and align yourself to whoever or whatever you want, but can't you make the distinction between your situation historically and the the kind of people you support politically?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Question for you. Why did you even open it and contribute if you don’t think it’s worthy?
    I was interested to see what people made of such a weird contribution.

Question for you: why are you so obsessed with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're a funny one is you. Right wing politically, a royalist it seems, yet you've said on here on occasion that growing up, you didn't have a pot to piss in, quite extreme poverty if i'm correct, a tough innings. You have my sympathy. Yet you champion those politically and an institution that belongs to an establishment which either directly or indirectly contributed towards your poverty, through the class system that they crave. You can obviously think what you like and align yourself to whoever or whatever you want, but can't you make the distinction between your situation historically and the the kind of people you support politically?
    ^^^ This, why do certain people love being serfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Off with your head David Sugarman
    I'm a big fan of Her Majesty. After all, I get a day off every year on one of her birthdays.

More than a little disappointed I didn't get a day off as a result of Philip's death, though. Major letdown. Holding his funeral on a Saturday was a slippery trick in my opinion.

Perhaps its because people look at countries which overthrew their class system like Russia and China and are reminded that the grass isn't always greener.

Tasteful comment
    It was made as a tribute to the blunt, no nonsense humour of Prince Philip. I'm sure he's looking down and giving me a nod of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    ^^^ This, why do certain people love being serfs?
    I'm amazed as to why some people do not ask the question why they are born into poverty, or continue to live a life struggling, and others have unfathomable wealth, just through birth. There has to be something fundamentally wrong when this keeps happening, and something even more wrong when those that do struggle through no fault of their own, cosy up to institutions that are in part, responsible for putting them in that position to start with. Talk about doing another mans bidding.

I was interested to see what people made of such a weird contribution.

Question for you: why are you so obsessed with me?
    I’m not. It was a genuine question. Is it a weird contribution? It’s topical at the moment. Nobody has their arm twisted to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    It was made as a tribute to the blunt, no nonsense humour of Prince Philip. I'm sure he's looking down and giving me a nod of approval.
    Actually from what I have read about him this week I think you are probably right!!

Undoubtedly the Royal Family has declined in popularity since those days, Eric

Sky was around then but not as popular. And now we have Netflix, Youtube, Prime etc. So it is a very different TV world as well.
    I reckon the Royal Family has held its popularity, just that Lady Di was a massively popular person, hence the huge viewing figures. William and Kate Middleton had good viewing figures for their wedding, not far off Charles and Di and Anne and Mark Phillips. Andrew and Fergie's wedding didn't capture the public imagination in the same way.

Prince Philip was never a particularly popular royal, hence what I think are quite average viewing figures.

Perhaps its because people look at countries which overthrew their class system like Russia and China and are reminded that the grass isn't always greener.
    China has pulled more people out of poverty than any other country on earth, although i don't like either countries government.

I’m not. It was a genuine question. Is it a weird contribution?
    Yeah, it's definitely weird. Things is, there's already a big, long thread about Prince Philip and his funeral. The viewing figures are mentioned on there. LoM obviously wanted to draw further attention to them, so I'm wondering why? After all, they're not particularly impressive given the blanket coverage this event has received. So is he saying: "Look! Only 13.6 million people watched Philip's funeral!" Or is he saying: "13.6 million people watched Philip's funeral - isn't that amazing?" Or maybe he's trying to say something else?

I think we should be told.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. Things is, there's already a big, long thread about Prince Philip and his funeral. The viewing figures are mentioned on there. LoM obviously wanted to draw further attention to them, so I'm wondering why? After all, they're not particularly impressive given the blanket coverage this event has received. So is he saying: "Look! Only 13.6 million people watched Philip's funeral!" Or is he saying: "13.6 million people watched Philip's funeral - isn't that amazing?" Or maybe he's trying to say something else?

What should be told is how the **** they can work out how many people are watching a programme on TV. They must have a little camera that we can't see in the TV, there's no other way.

What should be told is how the **** they can work out how many people are watching a programme on TV. They must have a little camera that we can't see in the TV, there's no other way.
    It's a guess, basically.

Ok. Fair comment. Now you’ve got me questioning LoM’s intentions! 😂

Ok. Fair comment. Now you’ve got me questioning LoM’s intentions! ��
    I'm also interested to know if LoM is a royalist. After all, he seems to idolise the great David Bowie - a man who turned down both a CBE and a knighthood.