+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming

Re: Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When I was a kid men were men , we went fishing , played football , went to heavy metal concerts with denim jackets and loads of patches on

Squash !

Sort yourself out
    Hey, I played football as a kid too. That hobby carried on until rona. Gonna restart once it feels safe enough to tbh. Wear my city shirt with pride, albeit on a 3G/Powerleague pitch. And I love my denim jacket - prolly my most worn item of clothing.

There is nothing wrong with squash - good cardio that helps hand eye coordination

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Hey, I played football as a kid too. That hobby carried on until rona. Gonna restart once it feels safe enough to tbh. Wear my city shirt with pride, albeit on a 3G/Powerleague pitch. And I love my denim jacket - prolly my most worn item of clothing.

There is nothing wrong with squash - good cardio that helps hand eye coordination
    Badminton

Hard-core 💪

This. Especially with the story telling. I love the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (a bit retro ik!) due to it's story-telling and problem-solving nature. And nowadays you have games like Spiderman Miles Morales and the Final Fantasy 7 remake that are very cinematic and fun to play. It is like an interactive movie.

During lockdown, instead of playing football in real life, I have been playing FIFA with my mates and it's like a modern-day game of chess if you think about it. I played Among Us, which helped me reconnect with an old friend who is into that game, and I joined Discord servers making friends from USA to New Zealand.

Gaming is not necessarily a kids thing, I agree. We grew up with games, basically you had late Gen X, Millennial and Gen Z growing up with games and I think with the last 2 generations I mentioned, we are playing games into adulthood. Even more so considering we needed to beat the lockdown boredom!
    Great post. Yup, you're absolutely right. Lockdown would have been even more awful than it was for me without PES. When I wasn't playing, I'd sim a match in the background just to keep hearing the crowd and all the cheering! I know people whose live's were saved by gaming either single-player or multiplayer when their mental health was suffering badly.

With FIFA 21 you can add CCFC and Wales chants too! Always cheers me up.

I sim race practice for at least an hour every morning. I haven't driven a real car for 10 years and don't know what I'd do without esports. Made connections with Porsche test drivers, real-world teams, and some of the most amazing and fastest sim drivers who completely blitz some of the real-world pros.

And Zelda and retro gaming are huge too, but also, with Nintendo releasing the Switch and Switch Lite, Zelda just keeps going strong!

It's interesting you mentioned Among Us because I recently read a review on Steam from a guy who said it completely saved his sanity and helped him reconnect with his kids and ex-wife and he met his current partner playing online.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    FIFA is great fun with mates

Mario Kart on the switch is a cracking laugh

the GTA games can kill hours if you are bored

COD cannot be faulted for entertainment

. I played Among Us, which helped me reconnect with an old friend who is into that game, and I joined Discord servers making friends from USA to New Zealand.
    What a basic game, but during the 1st lockdown, all 4 of us would be sat on our phones, both daughters would invite friends to play and we would all be playing the same game

Of course that was last years game and its since been deleted from all our phones, but it was fun for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    disclosure accepted

I see being social as going for a walk with friends , playing 5 a side , going to watch city , fishing , playing golf , local pub pool league etc
    Fishing? Isn't the point of fishing that you get peace and quiet away from others?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    What a basic game, but during the 1st lockdown, all 4 of us would be sat on our phones, both daughters would invite friends to play and we would all be playing the same game

Of course that was last years game and its since been deleted from all our phones, but it was fun for a few weeks
    Yeah, during the hype, I played it after work with my colleagues. Enabled me to get to know them when wfh

I play fifa and then also like games with a good story, a bit like you interacting with a movie really.

The last of us series was terrific.

Football manager I had to give up in my early 20s, should come with a health warning. So addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Great post. Yup, you're absolutely right. Lockdown would have been even more awful than it was for me without PES. When I wasn't playing, I'd sim a match in the background just to keep hearing the crowd and all the cheering! I know people whose live's were saved by gaming either single-player or multiplayer when their mental health was suffering badly.

With FIFA 21 you can add CCFC and Wales chants too! Always cheers me up.

I sim race practice for at least an hour every morning. I haven't driven a real car for 10 years and don't know what I'd do without esports. Made connections with Porsche test drivers, real-world teams, and some of the most amazing and fastest sim drivers who completely blitz some of the real-world pros.

And Zelda and retro gaming are huge too, but also, with Nintendo releasing the Switch and Switch Lite, Zelda just keeps going strong!

It's interesting you mentioned Among Us because I recently read a review on Steam from a guy who said it completely saved his sanity and helped him reconnect with his kids and ex-wife and he met his current partner playing online.
    I'd never been into the Zelda series, but a couple of years ago I bought BOTW for my eldest and he absolutely loved it.

I don't really have to time to properly get back into gaming, but if I was able to retire tomorrow I would love to get into some of the new stuff.
    I do enjoy the odd game of splatoon though

Oh man! Splatoon is fab! You've got to hand it to Nintendo, they've really done well with the launch of the Switch (and I was one of the handful of people who loved the Wii U!).

There's some amazing stuff being developed and don't forget VR as well as AR games too. I do understand the time element and it's been something that developers have considered more and more. Assassin's Creed going full-on RPG for example means it's more accessible to a completely new set of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Oh man! Splatoon is fab! You've got to hand it to Nintendo, they've really done well with the launch of the Switch (and I was one of the handful of people who loved the Wii U!).

There's some amazing stuff being developed and don't forget VR as well as AR games too. I do understand the time element and it's been something that developers have considered more and more. Assassin's Creed going full-on RPG for example means it's more accessible to a completely new set of players.
    I’m considering getting a Switch too but with restrictions ending, I don’t think I would have the time to play all these games

I guess for now it will be the odd Fifa session in the garden

Sludge you are nailed on to get a Virtual Reality style Holo Room when they create a realistic dogging / fishing / metal guru simulator.

I’m considering getting a Switch too but with restrictions ending, I don’t think I would have the time to play all these games

I guess for now it will be the odd Fifa session in the garden
    I must admit when we got the switch ( must be 3 christmas's ago now ) i was sceptical, but its a great little console, its not going to cut it against the PS5 and new Xbox for high end games, but FIFA is very playable on it, Mario Kart is just a classic and ive played it on the SNES , N64, GBA, GC, Wii and the NDS, the switch MK has the tracks from other games, so rainbow road N64 is on it, its a great bit of nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd never been into the Zelda series, but a couple of years ago I bought BOTW for my eldest and he absolutely loved it.

I don't really have to time to properly get back into gaming, but if I was able to retire tomorrow I would love to get into some of the new stuff.
    I do enjoy the odd game of splatoon though
    Reposting this because I didn't mean to not reply to you and just posted to the thread in hurry, so apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Sludge you are nailed on to get a Virtual Reality style Holo Room when they create a realistic dogging / fishing / metal guru simulator.
    I'm pretty sure you can find this stuff in Tokyo already!