Mourinio sacked!

No super league for him.

Re: Mourinio sacked!

A week away from a cup final.
    Top flight football can do one today.

good timing .... announce it whilst everyone else is looking elsewhere

One of the stupidest managerial appointments of recent times. Even more crazy, is that this utter joke will probably find himself at another big club quite soon

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    One of the stupidest managerial appointments of recent times. Even more crazy, is that this utter joke will probably find himself at another big club quite soon
    I think he's done at the elite level

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think he's done at the elite level
    He should have been done post United, can't quite believe Spurs got rid of Pochettino to bring him in

He should be, but he just seems to keep getting good jobs.

Wouldn't it be great if he told Levy that the Super League idea is bollocks and that got him the sack? Doubt it, but it would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    He’s probably still getting paid off from Man Utd, Madrid and Chelsea....

Spurs probably have a shallower squad in terms of talent than most but have played more games this year than most too. That might be enough mitigation for Mourinho to get one more top job but the pressure on that next job will be huge, however if this is the end at top level it will be sad to see such a character go before getting the chance in a cup final that he's earned.

Linking it back to Super League, Spurs have built a massive stadium and now have terminated a massive managerial contract all before (probably) not getting into the Champions League. This is a club that's made a massive mistake in this appointment and the consequences should be losing out on global fanbase/investment but now they get to weasel their way around that fact...

Spurs have a tie in with the NFL , sharing stadium with Jacksonville Jaguars. Don't forget they still need to pay for the stadium which has largely sat empty since its build as all the concerts, NFL games and other planned events haven't been held at the stadium due to Covid

watch Mourihnio try to make out he was sacked for taking a stand against the European super league, instead of taking a champions league team into mid table obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Spurs probably have a shallower squad in terms of talent than most but have played more games this year than most too. That might be enough mitigation for Mourinho to get one more top job but the pressure on that next job will be huge, however if this is the end at top level it will be sad to see such a character go before getting the chance in a cup final that he's earned.

Linking it back to Super League, Spurs have built a massive stadium and now have terminated a massive managerial contract all before (probably) not getting into the Champions League. This is a club that's made a massive mistake in this appointment and the consequences should be losing out on global fanbase/investment but now they get to weasel their way around that fact...
    I'm no fan of JM but to sack your manager before a cup final that, as you say, has been earned is ruthless.

My guess he was rubbing his hands at the real prospect of giving Citeh a run for their money after their loss in the FA Cup and eyes on bigger prizes.

Is it any surprise though where Daniel Levy, is concerned?

watch Mourihnio try to make out he was sacked for taking a stand against the European super league, instead of taking a champions league team into mid table obscurity.
    Guaranteed to be deflectng the blame.

Will he be done at the top level?
    Should be but with this super league anything can happen and the owners will require big names to attract big audiences.

They don't come any bigger than Jose Mourinho, even if for the wrong reasons.

Seriously, did anyone on here believe that this would not be the outcome when Mourinho was appointed at Spurs? It's all been so predictable with the only slight surprise for me being that it's come a little bit sooner than it usually does with Mourinho.

If, as I suspect, the answer to the question I asked is no, how come us lot on a messageboard for a Championship club knew what was coming for Spurs and their fans, how come the decision makers at the club didn't?

Spurs owners would have been swayed by the fact that he normally wins a few trophies in 1st/2nd season before it all implodes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seriously, did anyone on here believe that this would not be the outcome when Mourinho was appointed at Spurs? It's all been so predictable with the only slight surprise for me being that it's come a little bit sooner than it usually does with Mourinho.

If, as I suspect, the answer to the question I asked is no, how come us lot on a messageboard for a Championship club knew what was coming for Spurs and their fans, how come the decision makers at the club didn't?
    someone on twitter (I forget who) stated at the time of his appointment with Spurs - with each new job he takes his level of success is less and the amount of mess he leaves behind is more.
    this seems pretty accurate to me.

Disrupting the whole coaching set up in the run up to a Cup Final seems bizarre.
    IMHO it suggests either there has been a massive disagreement on something behind the scenes or they made the decision some time ago but were concerned that it would look far worse sacking him after winning them a trophy.

It’s bang on time - well, maybe I’d have expected him to leave at the end of the season.
    Maybe the timing is to try and hide the Super League story, rather than the other way around.

someone on twitter (I forget who) stated at the time of his appointment with Spurs - with each new job he takes his level of success is less and the amount of mess he leaves behind is more.
    That may well be true and this is not a defence of Mourinho as such, but it does seem that the influence people like him can have at the big clubs is diminishing with time. For instance, how many of the signings made by Spurs during Mourinho's time there were down to Jose himself? I somehow doubt Bale was for starters. In these days of all-powerful CEOs and Directors of Football, it's difficult to establish who is actually responsible for what, whether it be good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Disrupting the whole coaching set up in the run up to a Cup Final seems bizarre.
    IMHO it suggests either there has been a massive disagreement on something behind the scenes or they made the decision some time ago but were concerned that it would look far worse sacking him after winning them a trophy.
    I thought the same about the timing, but, judging by what I heard on the radio today from one of the better BBC football correspondents,, the dressing room had been lost to such an extent that it could be argued that they definitely have a better chance of winning now.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He should have been done post United, can't quite believe Spurs got rid of Pochettino to bring him in
    Yep takes some believing .

Julian Nagelsmann perhaps ??

Think Jose knows he is a short sharp appointment , Levy got someone in , did the club video documentary ,appointment of Jose covered up the dreadful loss of Pochettino, Jose pockets another couple more million in the bank , next fool please step up .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if he told Levy that the Super League idea is bollocks and that got him the sack? Doubt it, but it would be good!

Rumours are that is nearer the truth than Levy would have liked.

Apparently, he refused to take the players out onto the training field as a protest against the Super League and he was given the elbow as a result.

No idea if this is accurate or not but several people have told me similar versions of the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Rumours are that is nearer the truth than Levy would have liked.

Apparently, he refused to take the players out onto the training field as a protest against the Super League and he was given the elbow as a result.

No idea if this is accurate or not but several people have told me similar versions of the same story.
    Or he he pushed the language towards Levy and the subject matter knowing he was a dead man walking ?

Hope they dont try and pinch Big Mick from us.