I've mentioned this before, but this board seems to disprove that theory about there being some parts of the country where people would vote Labour even if their candidate was a donkey wearing a red rosette because so many of those of a left wing disposition appear to need little invitation to knock the party.

In this thread Starmer has been criticised as being too left wing, not left wing enough and not left wing at all. Splott Parker wrote an impressive message I thought describing what he sees as Starmer's feebleness and. although I've long since dismissed Life on mars as a, not very good, Tory wind up merchant, there are many people who voted Labour last time who did so reluctantly because of the way Corbyn was portrayed in the media. The standard justification for and explanation of Labour disagreement has been that the party is a "broad church", but the party's supporters and politicians have a compulsive desire to play their arguments and disagreements out in public.

I happen to think that the Labour party have had it tough through the pandemic because I don't think that there is much to be gained by setting themselves implacably against the Government while hundreds, and sometimes thousands, were dying every day, but, now that deaths are declining and the vaccine appears to be doing it's job, I believe it really is time to start opposing this shoddy and inept Government.

In complete contrast to Labour, supporters of and politicians in the what's in it for me party tend not to go public with their disagreements (or, maybe more accurately, they get less attention in the media). Indeed, on here what's in it for me party supporters gladly ignore their party's lamentable pandemic record through 2020, the fact that the leader of the party cannot tell us how many children he has fathered, the cronyism which has characterised the awarding of contracts throughout the pandemic, the very dubious behaviour of the likes of Patel and Jenrick, the almost comical ineptitude of Williamson, the lies over Brexit, the completely ignored on here lobbying scandal and so much more.

I've mentioned before how some what's in it for me party supporters sometimes feel the need to qualify what they say by pointing out that they were once Labour voters and the "soft" tory/republican vote referred to by polling companies appears to be a genuine thing whereby right wing voters are reluctant to admit to being so - it's almost as if there is a part of them that is slightly ashamed of themselves for voting what's in it for me.

I can't explain why left wing voters tend to be almost proud of their beliefs and want people to know who they want to back while criticising the main party of the left, while what's in it for me voters tend to keep quiet about their political feelings, stick with their party no matter what and yet they're the ones who talk about that donkey with the red rosette!