+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 teams going into the Premiership in August

6 teams going into the Premiership in August

With the greedy 6 leaving the Premiership will not reduce below 20 teams.
    It will happen.
    No relegation for the bottom 3 in the prem so 6 championship teams will go up.

Excellent unless you consider how good we were looking for a top six finish until MM won MotM.
    😂

Re: 6 teams going into the Premiership in August

You’re drunk again, aren’t you?

Think some are getting carried away by this. The big 6 aren't going to leave the premier league overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    With the greedy 6 leaving the Premiership will not reduce below 20 teams.
    It will happen.

Excellent unless you consider how good we were looking for a top six finish until MM won MotM.
    😂
    Why not promote the top 9 and relegate the PL bottom three - that's fairer.

Na, base it on size of stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We would finish tenth.😂

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

��
    At least Sam Allardice will retain his record.

exatly what you want to do to compete with a new super duper league - make the premier league a lot shitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    exatly what you want to do to compete with a new super duper league - make the premier league a lot shitter
    Well them six are going I reckon, for ever - needs to be 20 teams or so doesn't there?

You’ve missed out the invite to the auld firm and maybe get the Dutch involved. Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, PSV, PSG & Lyon to join the PL :)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You’ve missed out the invite to the auld firm and maybe get the Dutch involved. Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, PSV, PSG & Lyon to join the PL :)
    Wouldn't work no promotion/relegation - no representation, that surely would be the PLs biggest selling point going forward so dutch and scot clubs wouldn't work - I know you're joking, but I'm not when I say - I think we've just been given a massive chance at becoming an established prem team, overnight and by accident.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Wouldn't work no promotion/relegation - no representation, that surely would be the PLs biggest selling point going forward so dutch and scot clubs wouldn't work - I know you're joking, but I'm not when I say - I think we've just been given a massive chance at becoming an established prem team, overnight and by accident.
    But will there be any money in it if SKY and BT sport pull the plug because the plastic supporters around the world who buy their programmes to watch football only want to watch the teams that are leaving
    Will the rich owners who are left want to bother if there is no chance of getting up with the top teams. They may sell out too. Both things would make being in the top league a bit pointless.

On the up side we may see football back on terrestrial TV regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But will there be any money in it if SKY and BT sport pull the plug because the plastic supporters around the world who buy their programmes to watch football only want to watch the teams that are leaving
    Will the rich owners who are left want to bother if there is no chance of getting up with the top teams. They may sell out too. Both things would make being in the top league a bit pointless.

On the up side we may see football back on terrestrial TV regularly.
    It's what everyone has wanted for a long time isn't it? More competition, less money in the game? Plastics are mainly based in Asia/America I think and I reckon those clubs will end up there with a slight name change - still huge appetite for club football in Europe - **** those teams, they'll become a freak show that half the world won't give a shit about, a Chinese delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    It's what everyone has wanted for a long time isn't it? More competition, less money in the game? Plastics are mainly based in Asia/America I think and I reckon those clubs will end up there with a slight name change - still huge appetite for club football in Europe - **** those teams, they'll become a freak show that half the world won't give a shit about, a Chinese delicacy.
    Everyone except their actual fans, yes.

There is a market for a global club competition with an armchair fanbase. That is a matter of fact and will become a reality.

Meanwhile we can crack on with proper sport, absent these ****weasels. I think this is a good thing overall.

But I know plenty of actual Chelsea, arsenal and spurs fans with season tickets. They just got hit with something akin to the rebrand, but with bridges burnt and no route back. It's a bit like Brexit really. Objectively, everyone should work together to mitigate the damage done morons but sometimes you have to teach people that being thick as shit has consequences even if that means cutting off your nose to spite your face.

This country and continent will always produce excellent footballers and football teams. But great football needs great competition, not the best players. Anyone who has been to week 1 at Wimbledon will get this: ignore the show courts, watch a competition on the outer courts instead.

Most fans support their club. 90%+ will hate this attempt to hijack the sport. Let these owners create a franchise sport that throws cash at players who don't have the minerals to compete on a level playing field. Those clubs will be dead to fans at inception. But overall it will be a positive change: id much rather see Leicester and west ham slug it out for the title than man city win it at a canter again

I'm sure Rangers and Celtic will want a sniff of the premier league if the 6 plastics leave. So why not have the top 3 teams in Scotland join, along with the Top 6 in the Championship, with of course, 3 clubs still being relegated from the premiership

id much rather see Leicester and west ham slug it out for the title than man city win it at a canter again[/QUOTE]

Spot on! I'm hugely excited and hope the 6 really do feck off and take their plastic armchair "supporters" with them

Herein lies the problem. If those six DO leave the Premier, then it's not the Premier any more, is it? And it won't have the same goods to sell, when it goes to Sky or BT, renew the television deals (because you can bet that Sky and BT will be looking to pay less, if the 'big' clubs are gone). So the Premier gets less money, and the attendances drop off at the remaining clubs, because there isn't the attraction of watching Kane or Sala at your home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Herein lies the problem. If those six DO leave the Premier, then it's not the Premier any more, is it? And it won't have the same goods to sell, when it goes to Sky or BT, renew the television deals (because you can bet that Sky and BT will be looking to pay less, if the 'big' clubs are gone). So the Premier gets less money, and the attendances drop off at the remaining clubs, because there isn't the attraction of watching Kane or Sala at your home ground.
    Unfortunately we didn’t get to see Sala at all...............ironic phone call on Radio 5 on the way home today, all fans being interviewed 100% against it, Liverpool and Manchester and London accents bar one, and he was all for it, a Man Utd fan from Bristol!!! I’m surprised the irony wasn’t mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Think some are getting carried away by this. The big 6 aren't going to leave the premier league overnight.
    wait for the EGM tomorrow, we'll have a better idea then.

Some of us remember the First Division, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    id much rather see Leicester and west ham slug it out for the title than man city win it at a canter again
    Spot on! I'm hugely excited and hope the 6 really do feck off and take their plastic armchair "supporters" with them[/QUOTE]
    Thing is these clubs also have a lot of actual fans who just got steamrollered. We shouldn't forget that. The owners should be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, but it's the Liverpool, utd and city fans who should be given the guns.

And from what I can tell: the armchair fans aren't too happy about it either.

Can’t speak for others, but I go to my home (or away) ground to see Cardiff City, I couldn’t give two monkeys about Kane or Salah.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, base it on size of stadium
    Nah , base relegation on how many boarded up city centre windows there are .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Spot on! I'm hugely excited and hope the 6 really do feck off and take their plastic armchair "supporters" with them
    Thing is these clubs also have a lot of actual fans who just got steamrollered. We shouldn't forget that. The owners should be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, but it's the Liverpool, utd and city fans who should be given the guns.

And from what I can tell: the armchair fans aren't too happy about it either.[/QUOTE]

( Trouble is would they get off thier sofas to demonstrate , or even stop paying TV Sports Subscriptions as a protest ?)

Off these big 6, I’ve definitely seen us play Manure, Chelsea and Spurs outside of the 1st division, maybe Man City as well just can’t remember.