+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Currency Markets For the Pound Looking Good Today

Currency Markets For the Pound Looking Good Today

1 Pound buys 1.40 Dollars
    1 Pound buys 1.16 Euro's

Re: Currency Markets For the Pound Looking Good Today

Is this linked to the proposals to introduce a Sterling Cryptocurrency, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Is this linked to the proposals to introduce a Sterling Cryptocurrency, do you think?
    I have recently invested in Flangecoin and my doobrie wallet has been secured by a thingummycode which enables crudpustules to be ventiloaded into mandible-bilge-pipe groplets. Only a plopshazbut can cocopop the antifungalite dirigibles so that the artyblastfart zitbuckets can be wazkrapped into a bi-ordial smegloafing jambit before the inevitable quarkling ratio is limpopo'd via a reverse-feuchtwangling value bucket.
    I suspect that it may have affected Sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We've been at about 1.16 against EUR since about Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have recently invested in Flangecoin and my doobrie wallet has been secured by a thingummycode which enables crudpustules to be ventiloaded into mandible-bilge-pipe groplets. Only a plopshazbut can cocopop the antifungalite dirigibles so that the artyblastfart zitbuckets can be wazkrapped into a bi-ordial smegloafing jambit before the inevitable quarkling ratio is limpopo'd via a reverse-feuchtwangling value bucket.
    But is it fungible?

(There's a thread that should not have lasted so long, for those that remember it)

1.4 is heading the right way, 1.5 by August would be great

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    But is it fungible?

(There's a thread that should not have lasted so long, for those that remember it)
    No, I bought some Athlete's Foot powder for it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    1 Pound buys 1.40 Dollars
    1 Pound buys 1.16 Euro's
    Good for your fortnight in Benidorm next month (!) but bad for exporters already hammered by Brexit and Covid.

First of all, I saw the title of this thread and thought I’ll give that a miss, but I’m glad I changed my mind - excellent stuff which makes this subject so much easier to understand for a financial ignoramus like me

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good for your fortnight in Benidorm next month (!) but bad for exporters already hammered by Brexit and Covid.
    Yes and bad for people trying to move money into UK via dollar transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    First of all, I saw the title of this thread and thought I’ll give that a miss, but I’m glad I changed my mind - excellent stuff which makes this subject so much easier to understand for a financial ignoramus like me
    Only thing I know about these cryptocurrencies is that apparently they have a horrendous environmental impact

Humanity at its finest, finding a new solution to a problem we solved years ago that will cause untold damage for no apparent reason

I'm a staycation man Cornwall and Devon keep the money in the UK , , never been to Benidorm , never will go there ( guessing that was a personal (your ) dig )

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Only thing I know about these cryptocurrencies is that apparently they have a horrendous environmental impact

Humanity at its finest, finding a new solution to a problem we solved years ago that will cause untold damage for no apparent reason
    To be fair: cryptos do exist for a good reason: blockchain. They take a ton of energy to mine, but ultimately this should replace energy used in traditional banking.

I'm a staycation man Cornwall and Devon keep the money in the UK , , never been to Benidorm , never will go there ( guessing that was a personal (your ) dig )
    A dig at you? Why? I didn't realise you had such a poor opinion of the Costa Blanca.

Anyway, what are your reasons for trumpeting a strong pound?

It's not exports and you deny it is foreign holidays, so you must be a champion of cheap foreign imports? Not Chinese, surely?

Depends on where they source their raw materials or base goods.

Benidorm is, basically The UK, Blackpool on Steroids, where British blokes fight on the beaches, gotta keep their hand in.

Looks like the SEC is getting sneaky trying to pin something on XRP. Got their own interests at heart, no doubt.