+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Moore the best forward in the league?

Re: Is Moore the best forward in the league?

Great first goal today, kind of goal not really associated with a target man. I really think he's been great, not sure why he got the odd knocker on here when he signed.

He’s been a hero & he’s knackered, it’s been a one man show up front. We desperately need a alternative for him next season. He won’t get much of a break over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Moore's scored 18 in the league now matching Bothroyd's league total in 2010-2011.
    Ross McCormack scored 21 league goals in 2008-2009, Chopra scored 22 in 2006-2007, Jerome 18 in 05-06 and Earnie 21 in 03-04.

Bothroyd's two extra goals that season came in the League Cup against League 2 Burton (a game we won 4-1) and League 1 Peterborough (a game we lost 2-1).

McCormack scored 23 in total with one extra goal in League Cup against League 1 Milton Keynes (a game we won 2-1) and second extra in FA Cup against Championship Reading.

Chopra didn't score any extra so was stuck on 22 for season.

Jerome scored two extra, taking his total to 20, with first against League 1 Colchester United and second against Arsenal.

Earnie scored 26 goals that year with 5 extra coming in League Cup against Leyton Orient and First Division, West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Great first goal today, kind of goal not really associated with a target man. I really think he's been great, not sure why he got the odd knocker on here when he signed.
    Have to be fair I wasn't sure now I think he has been a great signing I do hope he stays and is happy to do so ,we sure nabbed a bargain

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    For me, Moore has been the best striker at City since Bothroyd. It's been a long time since an individual striker's performance has gone on to help lift the performances of the players around them.

If he goes on to have decent performances at the Euros, I foresee Cardiff struggling to keep suitors at bay.
    I wonder what his goal tally would have been with 20000+ supporters in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I wonder what his goal tally would have been with 20000+ supporters in the ground.
    I don't think that we'd have got too many 20000 + crowds this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that we'd have got too many 20000 + crowds this season.
    More from Moore, more fans due to more points, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    More from Moore, more fans due to more points, more or less
    Good job our ground wasn't built on Pengam Moors

We want more from Moore, on the moors

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bothroyd's two extra goals that season came in the League Cup against League 2 Burton (a game we won 4-1) and League 1 Peterborough (a game we lost 2-1).

McCormack scored 23 in total with one extra goal in League Cup against League 1 Milton Keynes (a game we won 2-1) and second extra in FA Cup against Championship Reading.

Chopra didn't score any extra so was stuck on 22 for season.

Jerome scored two extra, taking his total to 20, with first against League 1 Colchester United and second against Arsenal.

Earnie scored 26 goals that year with 5 extra coming in League Cup against Leyton Orient and First Division, West Ham
    Oh this goal..... https://youtu.be/3zOuIstxV8c

He's our first 20 goal striker in what feels like an eternity and has gotten those goals in a team with severe limitations, including barely reaching 30% possession in many games.

Give the guy a freakin break.

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    I've tried to talk about which is the best season for a striker rather than who the best striker is. Moments like that show just how ridiculously talented Bothroyd was but Moore has contributed more this year, imo.

I think you have to factor in the number of creative players our strikers during the Dave Jones days had providing chances for them. I spend a lot of time these days moaning about our midfield, but I must admit that with McPhail and Whittingham, plus players like Ledley and Burke, City fans were spoilt in the late noughties and early tens.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He's our first 20 goal striker in what feels like an eternity and has gotten those goals in a team with severe limitations, including barely reaching 30% possession in many games.

Give the guy a freakin break.
    I remember fans slagging off Whittingham , can't please some .