+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Moore the best forward in the league?

Is Moore the best forward in the league?

Some tough competition

Is he in Joao Pedro Pukki and Toney’s league?

Any others? (Sarr if he’s classed as a forward)

Moore has had some off games lately - or did he just have a purple patch

Re: Is Moore the best forward in the league?

I'm not sure any other forward could suit us as well as Moore that's for sure. Pukki could probably do it for us.

Tony probably a better striker but would he fit us, I'm not sure.

Not over the last month. He is shocking. Looks like he can't be arsed.

Dread to think where we'd be without him.

Toney and Pukki both better than him but he's our best striker in 10 years and potentially even longer than that.

I'm amazed people aren't more supportive in their assessment (off games? couldn't be arsed?) considering how much work he's put in for us this year.

NO! Takes a very good penalty though.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Toney and Pukki both better than him but he's our best striker in 10 years and potentially even longer than that.

I'm amazed people aren't more supportive in their assessment (off games? couldn't be arsed?) considering how much work he's put in for us this year.
    We seem to like to knock any successful player. It's odd.

The league???? The world you mean!!!!!

Definitely he’s run himself into the ground

Hopefully with a proper rest he can be just as good next season

Moore has done well and worked hard for the team.
    He has had a brilliant 2 years and gone from an unknown to an international player to being talked about as one of the best forwards at this level.

We need to find a way to get more support around him quicker.
    On the whole I was pleased we signed him and the fee wasn’t too silly either.

If he has a great Euro’s which is possible he could be gone for a profit too.
    Only at that point will some people realise good he was for us.

he's definitely in the conversation between those guys, personally I think pukki and Toney might struggle in our team and Moore might not do as well playing for Brentford.
    I think he's been just as good as any of them.

the best player in the league by far though is Emi Buendia

Your right there it’s horses for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's definitely in the conversation between those guys, personally I think pukki and Toney might struggle in our team and Moore might not do as well playing for Brentford.
    I think he's been just as good as any of them.

the best player in the league by far though is Emi Buendia
    We'd have released both of those by now with a record of 5 in 31 or something

I just wish if after missing a chance he didn't hobble about as if he had been shot in the leg.

Sort it out Kieffer, we know you're knackered.

Our best striker since.... Well who knows. Has been fantastic for us, not always the best player and can go missing particularly latter stages of the season when he is clearly fatigued but overall what a signing and yea where would we be without him.

There's a few better all round strikers in the league but I'd agree that he may fit us the best.

For me, Moore has been the best striker at City since Bothroyd. It's been a long time since an individual striker's performance has gone on to help lift the performances of the players around them.

If he goes on to have decent performances at the Euros, I foresee Cardiff struggling to keep suitors at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    For me, Moore has been the best striker at City since Bothroyd. It's been a long time since an individual striker's performance has gone on to help lift the performances of the players around them.

If he goes on to have decent performances at the Euros, I foresee Cardiff struggling to keep suitors at bay.
    Moore's scored 18 in the league now matching Bothroyd's league total in 2010-2011.
    Ross McCormack scored 21 league goals in 2008-2009, Chopra scored 22 in 2006-2007, Jerome 18 in 05-06 and Earnie 21 in 03-04.

- Supporting cast should also be factored into it. Moore's been more isolated this year than any of the others on the list have, although Bothroyd had to share goals with Chopra and Bellamy whereas Moore has been more of the main man.

- Style of play should be mentioned but arguably heavy focus on set-pieces means Moore hasn't been hindered as much as you think whereas the others were played to their strengths also.

- Overall contribution to season should be noted as well. Two former players have suggested that the team with Bothroyd and Chopra should have gone up but didn't because of off the field lack of professionalism and both have named Bothroyd and Chopra as main culprits within that.

I'd already say Moore's experiencing best season for one of our striker's since Ross McCormack on that basis and, because McCormack's side should have been a play-off unit whereas our overall team hasn't been this year, if he hits 20 goals then I'd say it's more like best since Chopra in 06-07.

Moore's scored 18 in the league now matching Bothroyd's league total in 2010-2011.
    Ross McCormack scored 21 league goals in 2008-2009, Chopra scored 22 in 2006-2007, Jerome 18 in 05-06 and Earnie 21 in 03-04.

- Supporting cast should also be factored into it. Moore's been more isolated this year than any of the others on the list have, although Bothroyd had to share goals with Chopra and Bellamy whereas Moore has been more of the main man.

- Style of play should be mentioned but arguably heavy focus on set-pieces means Moore hasn't been hindered as much as you think whereas the others were played to their strengths also.

- Overall contribution to season should be noted as well. Two former players have suggested that the team with Bothroyd and Chopra should have gone up but didn't because of off the field lack of professionalism and both have named Bothroyd and Chopra as main culprits within that.

I'd already say Moore's experiencing best season for one of our striker's since Ross McCormack on that basis and, because McCormack's side should have been a play-off unit whereas our overall team hasn't been this year, if he hits 20 goals then I'd say it's more like best since Chopra in 06-07.
    Bothroyd is probably up there with my favourite ever players for City

He was a joy to watch. What a buy

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bothroyd is probably up there with my favourite ever players for City

He was a joy to watch. What a buy
    Spot on.

Moore is undoubtedly a decent player by Championship standards (particularly this season, when the overall standard is poor), but I believe a good percentage of City fans tend to overrate him a little based on the fact that he plays international football for Wales and the dearth of decent strikers at the club in recent years.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Moore has had a good season. He's scored 18 goals for his club, 3 for his national side and there have been a number of games in which he's looked genuinely impressive. However, there have been others in which he's looked average at best and he's missed some glorious chances along the way.

The fact that he takes the penalties (and very well too, I might add) has skewed Moore's stats a little during the last couple of months. Surprisingly, since hitting two in the 3-1 victory over Coventry on 13/02/21, Moore has managed to score just one goal for City from open play in the last 14 games and that one came from a set-piece - a header from a corner during the 4-0 thrashing of Derby on 02/03/21.

I think Moore's a good Championship-level striker who's having the best season of his career, but talk earlier in the year about him being the best in the division, having Premier League potential and being worth at least £20 million was well over the top as far as I'm concerned.

Do agree think he's the 3rd or 4th best striker in the league, people are so fickle, when did we have a striker hit so many in recent years

Depends on what you call best. Best at goalscoring, holding the ball up, bringing others into play, best guy in the dressing room? How do you equate his value compared to others. Right now he’s a championship player. The likes of Pukki is a Premier League player.

Two more goals for Moore today.

Toney was superb for Brentford against Bournemouth despite not scoring.

Two good finishes today from Moore, particularly the left footed strike.

Best striker we’ve had since Bothroyd who remains my favourite City striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Two good finishes today from Moore, particularly the left footed strike.

Best striker we’ve had since Bothroyd who remains my favourite City striker.
    He's having a much better season than Bothroyd ever did for us. And there isn't, so far at least, any suggestion his off the field behaviour is a big factor in us failing to get promotion.