+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex-Wales captain Laura McAllister loses Uefa vote to join Fifa Council

Ex-Wales captain Laura McAllister loses Uefa vote to join Fifa Council

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56811663

She has released a really classy statement as seen here: https://twitter.com/LauraMcAllister/...88082422992897

"I’m obviously disappointed with the result, although we knew it was always going to be an extremely difficult task to unseat an incumbent. The fact that we were just six votes short of winning the election is hopefully testament to the modern, professional and football-focused campaign that we ran. My commitment to our beautiful game and its core values remains as strong as ever and I will redouble my efforts to make football a game for everyone to enjoy. I hope I can stand for election again as my enthusiasm to drive change is undiminished. I'd also like to congratulate Evelina Christillin on her re-election and wish her all the best for the important work that lies ahead. I'd like to thank everyone for the incredible support that I've received. It's been humbling."
    However there is also some suggestion, not from her camp, that FIFA went with Evelina Christillin who has links to Juve chairman (he of the super league, Atalanta shouldn't be in the Champions league fame) which is somewhat disappointing if true.

Laura McAllister is a massive credit to Wales and just maybe should be considered next CEO of FAW.

Re: Ex-Wales captain Laura McAllister loses Uefa vote to join Fifa Council

She's a Bluebird

She's from Bridgend

Give her the job

She is a really likeable person and a top ambassador for Welsh football. She would really organise the set up at Cardiff City, but I think her ambitions are much higher than us.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    She is a really likeable person and a top ambassador for Welsh football. She would really organise the set up at Cardiff City, but I think her ambitions are much higher than us.
    Yup, very articulate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    extremely intelligent

Would be a fantastic director of football at ccfc

Sad news lovely lady , great to chat too ,credit to Welsh footy

As the woman’s game seems to be gathering momentum, it would be great to see her in the top job at the FAW.
    As well as being on merit, it would be great publicity too

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, very articulate as well.
    Not too surprising, given that she's a professor.
    She.used to be a regular on the Bob-bank. An absolute lovely lady to talk to, someone who knows the game inside out.

Never met her, but I'm always impressed by both her media interviews (she was very good when interviewed on 5 Live about the ESL a couple days ago) and her writing - definitely someone who could improve football's image if she got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never met her, but I'm always impressed by both her media interviews (she was very good when interviewed on 5 Live about the ESL a couple days ago) and her writing - definitely someone who could improve football's image if she got the chance.
    She has an impressive cv, she stood as Plaid Cymru candidate in the 1987 General Election in Bridgend.

Yesterday she was back to her day job and was interviewed on Wales Today in her role at Cardiff University.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    extremely intelligent

Would be a fantastic director of football at ccfc
    Seconded.