+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Smithies, Frank Parsons moment

Smithies, Frank Parsons moment

He should never play for City again after one of the worst mistakes I have ever seen by a goalie.

Re: Smithies, Frank Parsons moment

Think Smithies is a class above Frank Parsons by some way , even in this game he pulled off some good saves to save us from defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think Smithies is a class above Frank Parsons by some way , even in this game he pulled off some good saves to save us from defeat.
    Agreed, but he's had a poor season by his standards - he wasn't playing well around the turn of the year and was at fault with at least one of Brentford's goals at Cardiff City Stadium. The decision to drop Phillips just because he let in five (none of which he was at fault for) looked a wrong one at the time and looks a downright bad one now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, but he's had a poor season by his standards - he wasn't playing well around the turn of the year and was at fault with at least one of Brentford's goals at Cardiff City Stadium. The decision to drop Phillips just because he let in five (none of which he was at fault for) looked a wrong one at the time and looks a downright bad one now.
    Agreed that Smithies has had a poor season & cost us quite a few points.

I can only think of one bad mistake Phillips has made that cost us points, apart from that he's been excellent.

Funny how Phillips was dropped after the Wednesday game despite not being at fault for any of the goals and yet players who were implicit in giving away goals kept their places.

Additionally, while Pack is a good passer, how on earth can he start games after so many poor games? He is guilty of making serious errors that leads to the opposition having at least two goal scoring opportunities per game. Same last night.

Phillips should be fuming. I can only think of that free kick, otherwise he has been excellent. I like Smithies too but he has been very poor recently.

I reckon we decided to put Smithies in the shop window once we had no hope of making the play-offs. It hasn't gone well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I reckon we decided to put Smithies in the shop window once we had no hope of making the play-offs. It hasn't gone well.
    On his wages Smithies is virtually unemployable even in the Championship. He will see his contract out and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And so he should be, Frank Parsons is 73

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And so he should be, Frank Parsons is 73
    Argh bless old Frank lol.

I still prefer Smithies over Phillips

The Frank Parsons wikipedia page says he played for the Wales U23s. Surely that has to be a joke ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_...sh_footballer)

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The Frank Parsons wikipedia page says he played for the Wales U23s. Surely that has to be a joke ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_...sh_footballer)
    Think they may be getting him confused with John Parsons - Frank was certainly not Welsh.