+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millions to be made available to bail out English football.

Millions to be made available to bail out English football.

Having helped to kill off the lucrative European Super League ESL the Government will now have to find millions to refinance the post pandemic football pyramid.
    With many clubs about to hit the financial buffers might they start by refinancing Bury?

Surely clubs won't be allowed to go bust now.

Re: Millions to be made available to bail out English football.

Why the **** would they refinance a club that went bust before Covid and because they spent well beyond their means?

It’s N interesting point ( not the bury bit ) if Boris is adamant that football is part of the fabric of society then how can he allow clubs to go bust even if they are stupid - perhaps the government will buy a 51% share in every club?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Having helped to kill off the lucrative European Super League ESL the Government will now have to find millions to refinance the post pandemic football pyramid.
    With many clubs about to hit the financial buffers might they start by refinancing Bury?

Surely clubs won't be allowed to go bust now.
    Football clubs had the same Covid related support that other businesses had, made available to them. As a taxpayer I would consider far more worthy causes for my money to support. Here comes all that football 'family' crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    It’s N interesting point ( not the bury bit ) if Boris is adamant that football is part of the fabric of society then how can he allow clubs to go bust even if they are stupid - perhaps the government will buy a 51% share in every club?
    how much would that cost? Liverpool manu and man city are worth about 4bn each currently according to Forbes, then arsenal and Chelsea 3bn, spurs 2 and it drops off quickly from there. maybe an average of 0.3 BN for the rest of the league.

I'm guessing it would cost 12bn for the premier League and a lot less for the other leagues. maybe about 14 BN total.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how much would that cost? Liverpool manu and man city are worth about 4bn each currently according to Forbes, then arsenal and Chelsea 3bn, spurs 2 and it drops off quickly from there. maybe an average of 0.3 BN for the rest of the league.

I'm guessing it would cost 12bn for the premier League and a lot less for the other leagues. maybe about 14 BN total.
    There's rumours that they're looking at implementing Germany's 50+1 rule. I find it very unlikely and they'd somehow f*ck it up but it could well be an interesting period in football

I don't really see how its possible to be implemented here, when that rule was implemented in Germany football was a lot different and their clubs were run very differently to how they are now