+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People Who Smoke Too Much Weed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: People Who Smoke Too Much Weed.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That made me sound like I was undervaluing people with addictions to weed, that's not what I intended. It can, and has ruined people without a doubt.

If anyone is struggling with any addiction then there's a wonderful group of people that can help http://www.recoverycymru.org.uk/

I volunteer for the above, and they help so many people everyday.
    Exactly their both nasty drugs that do damage in their own ways.

Weed definitely has an impact if smoked heavily. I know of at least 4 people, all heavy smokers, who committed suicide in their 20's/early 30's. No idea if directly linked of course, but too much of a coincidence for me.

I think as with anything if you are to do anything to excess.. drugs, alcohol, cannabis. it is usually because you have some pre-existing mental health issues. Which leads to bad conations of the substance.

I smoked weed as a teenager then stopped for about 10 years, as I found it harsh on my lungs and wanted to loose weight and improve fitness, two things it is defiantly not conducive with!

however about 6 months ago, my friend recommended a dry herb pen, this heats up the weed without burning, providing a cooler/smoother vapor.
    I now smoke every night about 1 hour before bed, never have I been more relaxed, had better sleep and not noticed any downsides.

The munchies is still a big problem, but self-discipline eventually makes them less and less prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I think as with anything if you are to do anything to excess.. drugs, alcohol, cannabis. it is usually because you have some pre-existing mental health issues. Which leads to bad conations of the substance.

I smoked weed as a teenager then stopped for about 10 years, as I found it harsh on my lungs and wanted to loose weight and improve fitness, two things it is defiantly not conducive with!

however about 6 months ago, my friend recommended a dry herb pen, this heats up the weed without burning, providing a cooler/smoother vapor.
    I now smoke every night about 1 hour before bed, never have I been more relaxed, had better sleep and not noticed any downsides.

The munchies is still a big problem, but self-discipline eventually makes them less and less prevalent.
    I hear you Chris, but from my experience pot is a slow burner couple of years even a decade it's a good laugh but 30 years 40 years my old mates who still smoke are pretty fecked up in the head and their lives are very shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Weed definitely has an impact if smoked heavily. I know of at least 4 people, all heavy smokers, who committed suicide in their 20's/early 30's. No idea if directly linked of course, but too much of a coincidence for me.
    this is an interesting read

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...-effects-brain

I guess its like everything in life anything of excess will damage you from eating , drinking or smoking