+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: If it smells corrupt

  1. #1

    If it smells corrupt


  2. #2

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Really doesn't matter what they get up to sadly, people are more interested in statues and dinghies.

    And whether the pubs are open

  3. #3

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Really doesn't matter what they get up to sadly, people are more interested in statues and dinghies.

    And whether the pubs are open
    Yep, I'm afraid you're right.

  4. #4

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Really doesn't matter what they get up to sadly, people are more interested in statues and dinghies.

    And whether the pubs are open
    Are the pubs open ?

  5. #5

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Well I never!;-

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56863547

    Time for the what's in it for me party supporters on here to put their hands over their ears and sing la, la, la very loudly maybe?

  6. #6

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well I never!;-

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56863547

    Time for the what's in it for me party supporters on here to put their hands over their ears and sing la, la, la very loudly maybe?
    Iím shocked

    Johnson is a vacuum of integrity https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-street-row

  7. #7

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    full list ,my favourite is the badger watching one

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom

  8. #8

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    full list ,my favourite is the badger watching one

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom
    Tory Toff Cameron sticking his dick in a pigs mouth tops that surely

  9. #9

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Iím shocked

    Johnson is a vacuum of integrity https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-street-row
    Grieve is one of those tories I wish was in a centre left democratic party , he's wasted with the conservatives and all their barrel scraping

  10. #10

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    What Johnson wrote when it was found that Peter Mandelson had taken an undisclosed home loan and was sacked from the Cabinet in 1998;-

    “In the Ministry of Sound, the tank-topped bum boys blub into their Pils … for Mandy is dead, dead ere his prime!”

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...new-decor.html

  11. #11

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Watched the BBC news channel from 7.00 to 7.15, surprisingly!! no mention of Mr Johnson's flat refurbishment funding or his comment about 'dead bodies piling up ..............rather than another lock-down'.

  12. #12

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    I just cannot fathom, how anyone can have a £30,000 A YEAR budget for renovating an apartment and for that to be nowhere near enough.
    Just hold off on the wallpaper until next year and you'll get another 30 grand to spend on it.

    What do you think Jeremy Corbyn would have spent on it?

  13. #13

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I just cannot fathom, how anyone can have a £30,000 A YEAR budget for renovating an apartment and for that to be nowhere near enough.
    Just hold off on the wallpaper until next year and you'll get another 30 grand to spend on it.

    What do you think Jeremy Corbyn would have spent on it?
    Jezzie wasn't planning on living inside the building where so many Tories had trodden ( including the Labour Lite ones ) he had initially priced checked the large tent range at Millets , along with a blow up double sleeping bag , his canny plan was to utalise the spacious Downing Street rear garden .

  14. #14

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Latest poll shows the what's in it for me party extending their lead by one over Labour to eleven per cent - I had wondered if the Johnson/what's in it for me apologists on here had been totally silent in the two threads about sleaze and corruption because they were finally realising how rotten this Government is, but, no, it would appear that, as I suggested last week, what's in it for me voters are putting their hand's over their ears and shouting la, la, la as loud as they can to ensure they don't take anything of what's being said in.

    For me, we're now getting towards a similar situation as America had with Trump, it's gone beyond party politics - the people governing the UK are not fit for purpose and you can only just hope that there will be an Emperor's new clothes moment when the penny drops for those who, unbelievably, still defend Johnson and co.

  15. #15

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Latest poll shows the what's in it for me party extending their lead by one over Labour to eleven per cent - I had wondered if the Johnson/what's in it for me apologists on here had been totally silent in the two threads about sleaze and corruption because they were finally realising how rotten this Government is, but, no, it would appear that, as I suggested last week, what's in it for me voters are putting their hand's over their ears and shouting la, la, la as loud as they can to ensure they don't take anything of what's being said in.

    For me, we're now getting towards a similar situation as America had with Trump, it's gone beyond party politics - the people governing the UK are not fit for purpose and you can only just hope that there will be an Emperor's new clothes moment when the penny drops for those who, unbelievably, still defend Johnson and co.
    I think the difference between here and the US is the dominance of only two parties there and our electoral system. Trump ultimately failed because he could not break out much beyond the 40% or so of people who would support him through thick and thin. 40% core support here is the basis of a political landslide.

    On your broader point, covid still rules. The vaccination programme's success is likely to benefit incumbents not just in England but also Wales and Scotland. Thinks like the corrupt self-centred nature of Johnson's government and the impact of Brexit on things like Fish and Finance may not have the immediate impact they would in more normal times.

  16. #16

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think the difference between here and the US is the dominance of only two parties there and our electoral system. Trump ultimately failed because he could not break out much beyond the 40% or so of people who would support him through thick and thin. 40% core support here is the basis of a political landslide.

    On your broader point, covid still rules. The vaccination programme's success is likely to benefit incumbents not just in England but also Wales and Scotland. Thinks like the corrupt self-centred nature of Johnson's government and the impact of Brexit on things like Fish and Finance may not have the immediate impact they would in more normal times.
    If Covid rules, then it seems that the first nine months of it in the UK doesnít, because it seems that only what has happened since the vaccine was rolled out rules.

    Apparently, well over fifty per cent of responders to that poll regard the whatís in it for me party as corrupt and sleazy, so itís entirely possible that there are people who believe that party is corrupt and sleazy, yet still intend to vote for them. Weíre getting close to the situation where Trump, probably rightly, said that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and people would still vote for him.

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,324

    Re: If it smells corrupt

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Covid rules, then it seems that the first nine months of it in the UK doesnít, because it seems that only what has happened since the vaccine was rolled out rules.

    Apparently, well over fifty per cent of responders to that poll regard the whatís in it for me party as corrupt and sleazy, so itís entirely possible that there are people who believe that party is corrupt and sleazy, yet still intend to vote for them. Weíre getting close to the situation where Trump, probably rightly, said that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and people would still vote for him.
    There is an element of the Teflon Trump about Johnson - he thinks different rules apply to him, and on the evidence of the polls he may be right.

    The vaccination bounce is massive (and has buried a year of stupidity and corruption from this government in the public's short attention span). But the other factor is the lack of an opposition (other than the nationalists in Scotland and Wales).

    Starmer has sat on the fence, got his MPs to vote for the government or abstain where he should have opposed on grounds of principle as well as advantage, has demoralised and shut down large parts of the Labour Party (reneged on all 10 of his leadership election pledges, seen over 50,000 members leave, gagged and/or suspended officers of over 200 constituency parties, and countless other internal attacks whilst promoting non-Labour and Blairite influence).

    The Lib Dems are irrelevant and anonymous.

    Johnson has got a clear run!

    We are back to the position where sections of the Tory press are more effective at holding the government to account on sleaze and corruption than the official opposition. No wonder the clown in No 10 is content to bluster it out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •