I think this is an interesting debate. Guy who works there goes to open a door for a lady and tells her it needs "a man's touch". Woman reported him for it.

It's that old can of worms about being easily offended and the battle of the sexes. I have no doubts the guy had every best intention. Most women wouldn't have cared a bit about his comment. Does that make it ok?

I've been thinking about this. I've been told by some women that I can't do this or that properly as I'm a man, usually tasks that are more traditionally done at home by women. One example, last year I was baking something I'd never tried, it didn't work that well and was old to get advice from a woman on baking. Bollocks, of course, men make excellent cooks and bakers too. I've never seen the need for either sex to try and outdo the other, so I can see the annoyance the train station worker's comment could have caused.

For me it's a very fine line. The worker could have simply offered to open the door with no need to mention gender. I don't think it was worth reporting. People can be unintentionally offended and upset by things.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-door-20427510