+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy announces Robert Glatzel is up for sale

Mick McCarthy announces Robert Glatzel is up for sale

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-20448928

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has confirmed Robert Glatzel will be placed on the transfer list this summer.

Re: Mick McCarthy announces Robert Glatzel is up for sale

I doubt that we'll get much more than £1m for him in the current climate.

After announcing that he isnt your sort of player, I doubt we will get a fee for him at all now.

Another £6m down the drain.

Perhaps Warnock will sign him for Middlesbrough. They're losing a couple of strikers this summer.

Some supporters believe the ability is there but that Cardiff simply did not play to his strengths, others believe he cannot cut it in the Championship.
    I wonder if we'll be having the same debate regarding Watters in a season or two?

Additionally, think our club needs to get better at building up players to the press while quietly seeing who is interested. So far we've gone with: "we don't like this player so we'll ensure we receive as little money as possible for them no matter what their ability."

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    After announcing that he isnt your sort of player, I doubt we will get a fee for him at all now.

Another £6m down the drain.
    Nice one neil....apart from Reid who he never played and sold almost immediately, did we get any good deals from mr Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nice one neil....apart from Reid who he never played and sold almost immediately, did we get any good deals from mr Warnock?
    Sol Bamba, who was pretty much his first signing

He somehow managed to get £8m from West Brom for Zohore.

I very much doubt we will get a fee.

Why does the we dont play to his strengths keep getting mentioned.

He doesnt really have strengths. Hes ok at a few things, tries thats it.

Hoillet , Bamba , Etheridge , NML .

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Zohore on his day fired up was a massive threat. Hes wasted what hes got. Just doesnt want it enough.

Power pace good shot.

He had strengths but didnt use them enough.

That’s Glatzel shirt sales destroyed, then...

You don't usually hear such brutal honesty.

He did ok on parts, mostly he didn't seem to have it like so many of the strikers we have signed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Sol Bamba, who was pretty much his first signing
    Along with the excellent Junior both very good , the others of note were Etherdige ,NML ,Pato , Smithies, Camarasa,Decordova-Reid , Murphy,Grujic,Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That was incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He doesnt really have strengths. Hes ok at a few things, tries thats it.
    Definitely not worth the money that Warnock paid for him, but Glatzel has ability.

He scored 10 Championship goals for City and there were some good ones amongst them too.

Compare that to the records of other Cardiff strikers in recent years such as Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Oumar Niasse, Fred Gounongbe and Rickie Lambert, who managed a grand total of 8 goals between them.

Mainz have improved significantly since Glatzel arrived there. They were 17th, 7 points adrift in the relegation zone and looking doomed when he signed, but they're 13th and 5 points above the drop zone now. It's been quite a turnaround. He's obviously not solely responsible for that, but I watch their highlights regularly (I've been keeping an eye on the Bundesliga relegation battle as I sort of follow Hertha Berlin) and he's been playing his part.

He never looked suited to the role he was expected to play here - his game is simply not physical enough. He's by no means a terrible player though, so a German club in Bundesliga 2 or a club in another European league might pay a few quid for him.

That was incredible
    Man is a genius , no spring chicken now , must have huge drive , I know folk to dislike him however I cant help admire him , did enjoy the against the odds promotion year with him immensely , seems to deliver at club after club, wont take you to long term greatness but will steady the ship and progress you if your in the doldrums .

I’d imagine every one of our players is up for sale, if the bid was attractive enough. Going back to transfer lists did anyone else think like I thought when I was a kid? That the manager had an actual list hanging up with the names on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Definitely not worth the money that Warnock paid for him, but Glatzel has ability.

He scored 10 Championship goals for City and there were some good ones amongst them too.

Compare that to the records of other Cardiff strikers in recent years such as Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Oumar Niasse, Fred Gounongbe and Rickie Lambert, who managed a grand total of 8 goals between them.

Mainz have improved significantly since Glatzel arrived there. They were 17th, 7 points adrift in the relegation zone and looking doomed when he signed, but they're 13th and 5 points above the drop zone now. It's been quite a turnaround. He's obviously not solely responsible for that, but I watch their highlights regularly (I've been keeping an eye on the Bundesliga relegation battle as I sort of follow Hertha Berlin) and he's been playing his part.

He never looked suited to the role he was expected to play here - his game is simply not physical enough. He's by no means a terrible player though, so a German club in Bundesliga 2 or a club in another European league might pay a few quid for him.
    Best case scenario was that he did well at Mainz, and he has. I'd be surprised if we didn't stay, or at least go back to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Best case scenario was that he did well at Mainz, and he has. I'd be surprised if we didn't stay, or at least go back to Germany.
    Same here - I'd be surprised to see him stay in the UK. I liked him as a player, but he wasn't really cut out for the rigours of the Championship. With a different strike partner or team set-up, he might have done better, but he'll fetch a few bob, and must be on a decent wage as well.

I thought Glatzel had ability, but his displays when given a chance by Moore’s injury were very disappointing- I can see Mainz getting him on loan again next season if they want him, because I can’t see anyone paying much of a fee for him in the current financial situation.

Moore is a perfect Championship striker Glatzel simply isn't.

I do hope he has success elsewhere though as he has skills.

Why do I feel like he’s going to end up at a rival and score against us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Why do I feel like he’s going to end up at a rival and score against us!
    Few too many on a Friday.😂

Not going to happen.

Maybe Neil Harris will get a job this summer. He's sure to want to sign the best finisher he's ever worked with.