+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Post Office Scandal

This Post Office Scandal

I mean seriously WTF.?

All those people prosecuted some jailed lives ruined some died before their names cleared.

One convicted said today when she protested her innocence she was told she was the only one being prosecuted.

Now years later its acknowledged it was a computer error. Didnt they think something was wrong when it appeared money was going missing at so many Post Offices and all these people protesting their innocence.

I hope those responsible for this face the consequences.

Re: This Post Office Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I mean seriously WTF.?

All those people prosecuted some jailed lives ruined some died before their names cleared.

One convicted said today when she protested her innocence she was told she was the only one being prosecuted.

Now years later its acknowledged it was a computer error. Didnt they think something was wrong when it appeared money was going missing at so many Post Offices and all these people protesting their innocence.

I hope those responsible for this face the consequences.
    Listen to this podcast and learn far more about it than can be gleaned from conventional news programmes:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jf7j

Absolutely shocking. I think around 730 were prosecuted but only 39 seem to have been covered by today's High Court pardon. Some of those prosecuted have died; some had mental health problems and some were imprisoned all because the Post Office stuck to their side of the story in the knowledge their computer system was not fit for purpose. The government have to sort this out as they are the sole shareholder in the Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Listen to this podcast and learn far more about it than can be gleaned from conventional news programmes:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jf7j
    Thanks. I ll check it out.

Sadly some have had a ery ( long) and dreadful existence since being accused some have past it beggars belief .

No compensation is going to fix thier hurt or damaged lives .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sadly some have had a ery ( long) and dreadful existence since being accused some have past it beggars belief .

No compensation is going to fix thier hurt or damaged lives .
    Absolute travesty, and you're right, no amount of money will heal all the wounds.

The CEO in charge through the scandl retired a few years ago - was awarded CBE (or some other honour) for dervices to the post office - she's been contacted several times but has not responded.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The people responsible seem to have done very nicely out of the travesty they presided over

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...ay-and-bonuses

Wasn't one of the Post Office directors involved with this employed by the FAW until recently?

It is totally beyond belief that this could happen in modern society
    I was listening to a guy who was a post office owner and a local counsellor . He was put in jail, lost his job and his council job , had to sell his house . I felt like crying for him , I don't know how he kept it together during his interview yesterday.
    It is shocking and disgusting that decent people could be treated like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Wasn't one of the Post Office directors involved with this employed by the FAW until recently?
    She was dumped very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The CEO in charge through the scandl retired a few years ago - was awarded CBE (or some other honour) for dervices to the post office - she's been contacted several times but has not responded.
    Made a Dame as well, they covered up everything and she wouldn’t answer questions from the Beeb the other day. A real sh**thouse of a woman.

Crazy how long this took considering Private Eye were reporting this were many years ago. Must have absolutely destroyed the poor people caught up in it.