+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Supporting 7 teams

Supporting 7 teams

Seems like most fans will be supporting 7 teams from now on - in our case City plus whoever is playing each of the 'big 6' - for me it even stretches to the Jacks, Wurzles and Leeds if they are playing those sides which is saying something.
    Just got a feeling that , after hearing what Perez has said since, that the ESL issue will keep rearing its head until these 6 owners are hounded out by the wider footballing community

Re: Supporting 7 teams

Or the big 6 eventually go away. This has been coming since the Champions League was formed. Believe me, this idea will not go away.

Think we need to adopt the German concept of fans having 51% say in such issues - if the owners don't like it they can sell up

Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
    Think we need to adopt the German concept of fans having 51% say in such issues - if the owners don't like it they can sell up
    Definitely the best solution, but it will be hard to legislate.
    Lawyers will get rich.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Lawyers will get rich.
    Wont need to legislate if fans take the initial action.

Funds would need to be set up and would have to be grass routes led.

Will take 30 years but will get there eventually

I don't know if I'd stretch to the jacks or wurzels. Well I know I wouldn't.

End of the day it's the owners, not the club itself, certainly not the players or fans. If more invitations were initially made it would have been a lot more than the 6 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Lawyers will get rich.
    I wonder if it would work if the government compulsory purchased 51% of all the football teams, down to a certain level. The government could retain the asset, but appoint supporter's trusts to run things. Some of the billionaires might not like it, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

I would never support the Jacks over anybody. I made that mistake once when I hoped they didn't go bust, or out of the league, I wont make that mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if it would work if the government compulsory purchased 51% of all the football teams, down to a certain level. The government could retain the asset, but appoint supporter's trusts to run things. Some of the billionaires might not like it, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.
    Now this is a great idea, not sure many of here would like it though, just think of the Conservatives owning 51% of all clubs down to league 6, not sure this place could handle with the posts , Sludge and TOBW just wouldnt cope

On a slight twist of it, force the clubs to give 51% of the club to a fans trust ( just like Rick wright did with the Jnr bluebirds ), sure the Billionaires would lose out, but its only money to them, they can still have a " play thing " add to it a strict FFP scheme that works and we are heading in the right direction

I wouldn’t support the Wurzels against the Hell XI

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I wouldn’t support the Wurzels against the Hell XI
    I wouldnt say support.

But id want them to beat Swansea.

yep Swansea verses Brizzle City I would be wanting a draw or a win if it helped us

Could never get behind Swansea

I thought this was a thread about Johnny Owen

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought this was a thread about Johnny Owen
    hahaha