+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

Re: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

I don’t think Drakeford has done too much wrong but he can sound arrogant at times and is not charismatic. That he is infinitely more competent and honest than the clown in London goes without saying. Don’t even get me started on RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Plaid wont win the required seats this election but I expect within the next 3 elections they could well do in areas that are considered Labour heartlands.

More youngsters are indy curious or support the idea.

Why they're interested in politics instead of doing drugs and shagging, I have no idea.
    Indeed I was completely off my face till my mid forties ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I don’t think Drakeford has done too much wrong but he can sound arrogant at times and is not charismatic. That he is infinitely more competent and honest than the clown in London goes without saying. Don’t even get me started on RT.
    RT saying he wanted a pint with the bloke who designed Colin the Caterpillar last week was up there wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There with you 100%.
    where are we going to get the income from to fund infrastructure , health , housing , welfare ?

We are one of the poorest post industrial regions of the UK

Most of our population is centered in the south east corner of Wales

The figures for independence don't add up

These marches for a independent Wales would be attended by thousands of people week in week out if there was an appetite for an independent Wales

We hear this from the nationalists all the time but at election time this supposed silent wave bottle it

The best future for Wales, and Scotland lies in a left of centre democratic rainbow type of government in Westminster

the independent plaid cymru power base is a few seats in West and North Wales

Despite many Welsh mafia strolling up and down cathedral Road in pontcanna South East Wales is generally a Labour stronghold with a sprinkling of tories

I can't see plaid increasing their vote this time , its all hot hair

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its because the left of centre alternative to the tories in Wales, as in England, is piss weak

Even in Wales, there are people that are tories

I would shoot them if that were legal but sadly it isn't
    Never , Tories in Wales surely not , are they all evil people , will they harm us ,should I buy a weapon ??

Indeed I was completely off my face till my mid forties ff sake
    Was?

I’ve always assumed you still dabbled going on some of your posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There with you 100%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56858603

There’s the reason they won’t have my vote.

Was?

I’ve always assumed you still dabbled going on some of your posts?
    I am a man of intelligence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56858603

There’s the reason they won’t have my vote.
    Labour won't have your vote because mark drakeford doesn't believe in devolving the benefits system to Wales?

I want him gone for a lot of reasons but if we do take over the welfare system its going to cost a shed load of money to pay for it

How are we going to raise that money ?

Basically she's a career politician that moved from academia to politics and never done a job in the private sector ever. Not the best background for a leader imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Basically she's a career politician that moved from academia to politics and never done a job in the private sector ever. Not the best background for a leader imo.
    I would rather someone who has worked in the public sector such as a nurse , doctor etc be a political leader than the managing director of tescos

A lawyer , solicitor etc ?

Cameron , Boris ?

Hardly shining examples

Morgan started off in media , she's from a strongly anti Conservative family and she's very bright

That will do for me . I certainly would prefer her to drakeford and anyone else in the current Welsh Labour Party

International

I would rather someone who has worked in the public sector such as a nurse , doctor etc be a political leader than the managing director of tescos

A lawyer , solicitor etc ?

Cameron , Boris ?

Hardly shining examples

Morgan started off in media , she's from a strongly anti Conservative family and she's very bright

That will do for me . I certainly would prefer her to drakeford and anyone else in the current Welsh Labour Party
    Well your last statement speaks volumes about your opinion of the abilities of the people you want to see running Wales for the next term.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well your last statement speaks volumes about your opinion of the abilities of the people you want to see running Wales for the next term.
    Will you be gutted if your tory lot don't get in ?

If they don't get in now , they never will

its because the left of centre alternative to the tories in Wales, as in England, is piss weak

Even in Wales, there are people that are tories

I would shoot them if that were legal but sadly it isn't
    Ah - and there you have it - the kinder and gentler face of a Labour supporter.

International

Will you be gutted if your tory lot don't get in ?

If they don't get in now , they never will
    Why are you so fixated over what other peoples politics may be?
    Again you avoid what has been said and try to deflect attention on a different course.
    But what you said does speak volumes of your opinion of the people you want to see governing us. and it would appear your opinion is not very high.
    And it seems you are concerned that the conservatives may make gains at the election. I suppose this must mean there are more completely stupid people in Wales that you thought there was. After all they must be mustn't they?
    They shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're too stupid.

You just have to browse social media , you will see that is the impression , even among Labour voters

Even on here he's been called duckford , dickford

He's no leader , might be a nice bloke but he's no leader like Carwyn Jones was

You can gauge peoples opinions on the Internet and multi media far quicker than talking to people in the street
    As far as I can recall that was known when he was voted in. His strengths were that he is one of the most intelligent people in the Senedd and knowledgeable about his brief.

What is Drakefordism? — Liz Silversmith: https://hiraethblogcymru.medium.com/...h-9fb73a1a3d21

1) Government as a force for good (further explanation for each point discussed in the link)
    2) Universal rather than mean-tested services
    3) Cooperation is better than competition
    4) Improve the collective voice, not individual choice
    5) Service users and service providers are engaged in a joint enterprise with high trust, not merely servers and recipients
    6) And finally, pursuing the equality of outcome rather than the equality of opportunity

Mark ends his pamphlet on a prophetic note: that “the environmental dimension of a more equal Wales will have to move more centre stage”. This was back in 2008, before Extinction Rebellion; before the more urgent warnings from the UN; before we accepted — even if scientists had been warning for years — that the nature crisis and the climate crisis will engulf us all unless we do something about it.

Ever the professor, ever the forward-thinker, he is both the architect of clear red water and the inventor of Drakefordism.
    Most criticism hasn't focused on who he is, what he believes or the choices he's lead. Sometimes that has worked in his favour and sometimes it has not, but isn't the plan for him to step down within the next term as happened when he took over the role? Deciding to vote Labour or not on basis of Drakeford is only relevant for short term.

Again you avoid what has been said and try to deflect attention on a different course.
    But what you said does speak volumes of your opinion of the people you want to see governing us. and it would appear your opinion is not very high.
    And it seems you are concerned that the conservatives may make gains at the election. I suppose this must mean there are more completely stupid people in Wales that you thought there was. After all they must be mustn't they?
    Interesting suggestion. I do worry about anyone who would want RT leading the country.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Interesting suggestion. I do worry about anyone who would want RT leading the country.
    This is an election for the parliament as a whole, and not a presidential election. you're voting for a party to govern, you're not voting for a leader outright.

Feedback

the only sensible option when choosing your party allegiance at this election is Abolish

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    the only sensible option when choosing your party allegiance at this election is Abolish

I know you're on a windup Damien but did you see their party spokesman on Wales Politics this morning?

Comedy gold

Off with their heads

I know what your politics are , you are a tory

Anyone who votes tory isn't in my phone book

And thats the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hes promised loads

All uncosted

Dreadful bunch of chanchers

Boris mk 2

International

I know what your politics are , you are a tory

Anyone who votes tory isn't in my phone book

And thats the way it is
    You know sweet FA about me! Failed!!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I know you're on a windup Damien but did you see their party spokesman on Wales Politics this morning?

Comedy gold
    Unfortunately not. Can I assume qualities such as charisma, articulation and intelligence were bereft of this interview?