+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watters Waste

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Watters Waste

I haven't seen him play but wonder if he was scouted and bought when Harris was playing Glatzel and Moore up top together as an upgrade on the former? The suggestion on Twitter was that he's best used in a two based on his small sample size at that time.

MM hasn't played that system so Watters hasn't been used much beyond some minutes against Wednesday and Luton.

He's also not played much football at league level so was potentially always thought of as a player for next year onwards rather than being immediately ready this season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I haven't seen him play......
    I watched the Luton and Sheffield games on Sky. I can vaguely remember him coming on at Kenilworth Road, but I didn't realise he'd been brought on at Sheffield until I checked his stats this morning. I don't recall him doing anything of note in either game, so I've no idea what sort of player he is.

If he does get picked instead of Moore and we continue to play as if Moore was still playing then, from what very little I have seen of Waters, he is going to struggle. It would be very demoralising for him to get a chance in a style of play he may not be suited to. I don’t suppose for a moment we are going to change the way we play for the last couple of games or even next season so it’s difficult to envisage what sort of role he will have in our current style.