+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Selling out ?

Selling out ?

MM seems to be talking as if he’s expecting Kiefer Moore to be sold in the summer.
    He’s pretty much dismissed any possibility of hanging on to the Liverpool and Arsenal loanees.

Am I the only one getting the impression that the club is about to lower its sights and settle into mid table mediocrity in the championship ? I’d be annoyed if the first decent striker we’ve had for years is let go and the whole mood coming from MM doesn’t give the impression that there’s a lot of ambition for the next season.

Re: Selling out ?

Maybe the club is embarking on a different route, something more sustainable rather than being reliant on Tan all of the time?

we lose a hell of a lot of revenue with parachute payments stopping. if we get a big bid for Moore then he'll be sold.
    it isn't a lack of ambition, just being realistic

Every player has a price.

I hope (and expect that) Moore will stay, but if the club get a big offer (£15m + in these Covid times would compare to some of the big striker sales in recent years from other Championship clubs) then so be it.

Some clubs sell their top assets every summer and replace with quality - often little known and underpriced. If we could do that (do a Southampton or Brentford) few would argue. Our track record is patchy, but we don't know what to expect yet from Mick and the new scouting/recruitment set up. The Recruitment Committee is unchanged, but some of the people and processes that feed into it are new.

I don’t see any lack of ambition from Mick in his recent
    post match conferences. Also, I very much doubt if Moore is a genuine Premiership class forward.

We spent a sum of £3.42m in transfer fees (according to transfermarkt.co.uk) this past year compared to £16.21m the year before but I'd be surprised if anyone thought the year with the more expensive window(s) was the better one.

We're extremely unlikely to go up next year so season of midtable in preparation for real promotion challenge year after would do me.

I suppose no-one knows the true fees we paid, but reports suggest Moore was 1.5m, Phillips 500k, Ng 200k, and Watters 100k. And we sold Paterson for 500k and Etheridge for 800k. It'll be an interesting summer for incoming and outgoing players but at least Gavin Whyte will be back!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Every player has a price.

I hope (and expect that) Moore will stay, but if the club get a big offer (£15m + in these Covid times would compare to some of the big striker sales in recent years from other Championship clubs) then so be it.

Some clubs sell their top assets every summer and replace with quality - often little known and underpriced. If we could do that (do a Southampton or Brentford) few would argue. Our track record is patchy, but we don't know what to expect yet from Mick and the new scouting/recruitment set up. The Recruitment Committee is unchanged, but some of the people and processes that feed into it are new.
    I absolutely love Moore but if we get a bid of £15m plus I would say bite their arm off

Not because Moore is a bad player - but there's going to be a massive reckoning in the transfer market - i'm sure there'll be bargains to be had

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I absolutely love Moore but if we get a bid of £15m plus I would say bite their arm off

Not because Moore is a bad player - but there's going to be a massive reckoning in the transfer market - i'm sure there'll be bargains to be had
    Maybe he will be one of them.

He's going to be 29 next season. And he's having the best season of his 9-year career. I can't see anyone coming for him offering silly money.

Let's be honest if we get offered 15 mil for Moore and 6 mil for Vaulkes then we would be foolish to turn down a 17 mil profit.
    Don't believe we would get those kind of offers as I think transfer fees will drop dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Let's be honest if we get offered 15 mil for Moore and 6 mil for Vaulkes then we would be foolish to turn down a 17 mil profit.
    Don't believe we would get those kind of offers as I think transfer fees will drop dramatically.

I think the club would accept half of that in a heartbeat for both players.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    MM seems to be talking as if he’s expecting Kiefer Moore to be sold in the summer.
    He’s pretty much dismissed any possibility of hanging on to the Liverpool and Arsenal loanees.

Am I the only one getting the impression that the club is about to lower its sights and settle into mid table mediocrity in the championship ? I’d be annoyed if the first decent striker we’ve had for years is let go and the whole mood coming from MM doesn’t give the impression that there’s a lot of ambition for the next season.
    Nobody thought that we were going to sign Harry Wilson permanently, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Good tactic to devalue him thou. Can’t be worth more than £5m now

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    No-one is offering 6m for Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    No-one is offering 6m for Vaulks
    He's 27. I don't know if he would fare better in a different system or with a different manager or whether he would shine in League 1, but I don't think he's good enough to play for us under MM if we're serious about getting promoted. I can't see how anyone could believe he's a £6M player.

Vaulks 6 million really 🤣

Surely the only chance we ever had of signing him permanently was if we had gone up?

No one is paying 1m for Vaulks let alone 6.

I think a significant enough bid for Moore will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No one is paying 1m for Vaulks let alone 6.

I think a significant enough bid for Moore will come in.
    No one in their right mind would pay more than a round of drinks for him! And I'm talking Wetherspoon prices, not night club prices.

Vaulks would be valued as a top half championship footballer unlikely to make it to premier league level, but this is a window where no one is expected to pay much on transfer fees.

I don't think we'll get any offers in for him, Pack or Bacuna. Or many of our players really.

That means we're more likely to sell those who can drum up interest: Moore, Ralls...Colwill?

Might well have done if things had turned out differently.
    Two managers were equipped with luxury players but failed to exploit that. With these players they should have walked into the playoffs comfortably and if they’d have been promoted we would have probably kept all the loan players and added to them.

No. This is the opposite to when Sir Neil achieved it with a budget playing staff and although we’re not the third rate outfit some here portray us as, nor are we one of the huge “super league “ type clubs who can throw endless millions into a money pit and not expect results.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Might well have done if things had turned out differently.
    Two managers were equipped with luxury players but failed to exploit that. With these players they should have walked into the playoffs comfortably and if they’d have been promoted we would have probably kept all the loan players and added to them.

No. This is the opposite to when Sir Neil achieved it with a budget playing staff and although we’re not the third rate outfit some here portray us as, nor are we one of the huge “super league “ type clubs who can throw endless millions into a money pit and not expect results.
    That's the "budget" playing staff that had one player who cost more than the sum total of what we've spent this season is it?