+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...r-ins-20465407

The Bluebirds manager has been planning for next season and we can already glean the sort of players he wants to stick around next term and the positions he is targeting this summer.

Re: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

The Bluebirds manager has been planning for next season and we can already glean the sort of players he wants to stick around next term and the positions he is targeting this summer.
    Agree with most of them however I loan out either Watters or Harris , I'd keep Johnny Williams as a squad player.

I would not be shocked to see Mozza go , not by the club's doing , only if a decent offer came ,as he likes Flint .

I'd let Murphy go or sell he just under achieves too many times for me ,though he poor at times on Saturday .

Not sure if MM would be tempted to let Vaulk's go with a good fee ,same with Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

I wouldnt believe a word of what Wales Online say. They have a longstanding reputation of making it up as they go along.

i) if we can find buyers for each player listed as available we'd end up with: two senior goalies; five defenders (three CB's, two fullbacks); five midfielders (four of which being our main complaints this year); and four attackers (only Murphy can be described as a winger, "there is always that question mark surrounding Josh Murphy when a transfer window looms", and one would be hoping Vassell can contribute).

ii) If we bring in players suggested then we've still only got three CB's and two fullbacks.

Glatzel and Whyte might attract small fees but really only Moore, Ralls and potentially Colwill are going to bring in offers that could help offset shrinking budget.

Assuming no contracts are renewed and we are sticking with the current formation (or variations thereof)

GK - if we can get good money for Smithies then I would sell, as will free up funds and Philips is a good replacement. If we keep them both that's fine too.

CB - Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Brown - if we are playing with 3 at the back going forward this is a bare minimum, we probably should bring another in if we can, several of these are over 30 and starting to pick up more regular injuries, so I'd definitely sign someone unless someone is going to step up from the youth - possibly that Bakere we signed?

If we bring someone in we should look at someone with a bit of pace and comfortable playing the ball out of defence - most people seem to say that's important in playing this formation and we don't really have it - other teams often convert a fullback or a midfielder into the back 3 - a bit like we've done in the U23s with D'Almeida

RWB - Ng and Sang is probably good to go (although I would prefer to see Sang in the middle longer-
    term)

LWB - Bagan and A.N.Other - I think we definitely need to bring someone in - Bagan isn't fully proven there yet either so probably needs to be first choice - and needs to offer an attacking threat - Adam Reach from sheff Weds would be a good shout and I think he might be OOC.

CM - Ralls , Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna - all are OK at this level, all have time left on their contracts - I can't see us moving them on, or bringing in even more midfielders to cover 2 spaces, unless Ralls is successfully switched to a LWB then maybe. As much as I'd like to see a dynamic new signing in there I don't think it makes sense from a squad management point of view. Sang, Patten or Bowen might be given a chance though?

AM/Wingers

We will have Murphy, Colwill, Tomlin, Whyte. Can see Whyte being sold, or going on loan again, and McCarthy really doesn't seem to rate Tomlin, so I'd expect him to go on loan also. So an see us trying our hand in the loan market again. Evans probably worth a chance from the youngsters too.

CF

Moore, Glatzel, Watters, Harris, Vassell

Hopefuly we don't have to sell Moore, but if we get a bid anytihng close to 10m I think we probably would.
    Glatzel is already in the shop window and one of Watters and Harris to go on loan somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Assuming no contracts are renewed and we are sticking with the current formation (or variations thereof)

GK - if we can get good money for Smithies then I would sell, as will free up funds and Philips is a good replacement. If we keep them both that's fine too.

CB - Morrison, Flint, Nelson, Brown - if we are playing with 3 at the back going forward this is a bare minimum, we probably should bring another in if we can, several of these are over 30 and starting to pick up more regular injuries, so I'd definitely sign someone unless someone is going to step up from the youth - possibly that Bakere we signed?

If we bring someone in we should look at someone with a bit of pace and comfortable playing the ball out of defence - most people seem to say that's important in playing this formation and we don't really have it - other teams often convert a fullback or a midfielder into the back 3 - a bit like we've done in the U23s with D'Almeida

RWB - Ng and Sang is probably good to go (although I would prefer to see Sang in the middle longer-
    term)

LWB - Bagan and A.N.Other - I think we definitely need to bring someone in - Bagan isn't fully proven there yet either so probably needs to be first choice - and needs to offer an attacking threat - Adam Reach from sheff Weds would be a good shout and I think he might be OOC.

CM - Ralls , Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna - all are OK at this level, all have time left on their contracts - I can't see us moving them on, or bringing in even more midfielders to cover 2 spaces, unless Ralls is successfully switched to a LWB then maybe. As much as I'd like to see a dynamic new signing in there I don't think it makes sense from a squad management point of view. Sang, Patten or Bowen might be given a chance though?

AM/Wingers

We will have Murphy, Colwill, Tomlin, Whyte. Can see Whyte being sold, or going on loan again, and McCarthy really doesn't seem to rate Tomlin, so I'd expect him to go on loan also. So an see us trying our hand in the loan market again. Evans probably worth a chance from the youngsters too.

CF

Moore, Glatzel, Watters, Harris, Vassell

Hopefuly we don't have to sell Moore, but if we get a bid anytihng close to 10m I think we probably would.
    Glatzel is already in the shop window and one of Watters and Harris to go on loan somewhere?
    All in all I can see us being weaker next season, unless
    1) we can conjure up some good signings out of somewhere.
    2) We do as well again if not better in the loan market (which is a rarity)
    3) some of the youngsters really kick on -all have looked "not out of place" at this level, which is great, and a big improvement on recent times, but we need one or two to start having a real influence on games - still plenty of time for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I wouldnt believe a word of what Wales Online say. They have a longstanding reputation of making it up as they go along.
    The most accurate statement on this thread.Also 80% of the stuff on that NewsNow website is utter BS.The silly season has well and truly begun.

All in all I can see us being weaker next season, unless
    1) we can conjure up some good signings out of somewhere.
    2) We do as well again if not better in the loan market (which is a rarity)
    3) some of the youngsters really kick on -all have looked "not out of place" at this level, which is great, and a big improvement on recent times, but we need one or two to start having a real influence on games - still plenty of time for that though.
    I tend to agree that we may be weaker next season.
    If we can finish at 11 or 12 we should be ok.
    Still have the Sala transfer saga hanging over us and I fully expect UEFA to side with Nantes when push comes to shove

I also think Bennett maybe looking for a new world and wage he is 31 contract renewal must be due

MM described Brown as "he has got a year's option and he is in the last year of his contract" when he came back from Livingston so I've not counted him as definitely one of our players next year - admittedly it's unlikely that we don't take that option.

Think you're right in saying Sang will still be used as RWB next year at start of the year.

Still a bit bizarre for Walesonline not to highlight need for full-back in their list. Full-back, wingers/attacking midfielders to replace Ojo/Wilson and striker is the priority whether that's youth stepping up or in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    i) if we can find buyers for each player listed as available we'd end up with: two senior goalies; five defenders (three CB's, two fullbacks); five midfielders (four of which being our main complaints this year); and four attackers (only Murphy can be described as a winger, "there is always that question mark surrounding Josh Murphy when a transfer window looms", and one would be hoping Vassell can contribute).

ii) If we bring in players suggested then we've still only got three CB's and two fullbacks.

Glatzel and Whyte might attract small fees but really only Moore, Ralls and potentially Colwill are going to bring in offers that could help offset shrinking budget.
    Ralls??? He's awful
    Be lucky to get a tenner

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Ralls??? He's awful
    Be lucky to get a tenner
    he's a good player at this level

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I also think Bennett maybe looking for a new world and wage he is 31 contract renewal must be due
    Bennett will be out for a least a few months of next season

Bennett will be out for a least a few months of next season
    That makes it more likely he'll get a new contract offer.

I think that would happen anyway, and I think it's the right thing to do if wages are sensible, but clubs seem reluctant to cut injured players adrift without even a short term deal to cover their recovery.

I also expect Jonny Williams to get another deal (maybe a year) to keep him around as a squad player - even if he hardly gets on the pitch in the next two games.

Waghorn is out of contract at Derby & MMs leading goalscorer at Ipswich, think this is a strong possibility

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That makes it more likely he'll get a new contract offer.

I think that would happen anyway, and I think it's the right thing to do if wages are sensible, but clubs seem reluctant to cut injured players adrift without even a short term deal to cover their recovery.

I also expect Jonny Williams to get another deal (maybe a year) to keep him around as a squad player - even if he hardly gets on the pitch in the next two games.
    I think we have to keep Bennett for 6 months, given his injury (unless he wants to go). I think that was an EFL rule anyway. I'd expect us to loan a left back, at least until January to compete with Bagan until Bennett is fit who will probably get a 12 month deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we have to keep Bennett for 6 months, given his injury (unless he wants to go). I think that was an EFL rule anyway. I'd expect us to loan a left back, at least until January to compete with Bagan until Bennett is fit who will probably get a 12 month deal.
    Is that really an EFL rule?

I wonder if Tom Cairney, will be fed up at Fulham ? (or is he injured)

For a team with no ambition other than to stay in the Championship maybe

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Our key central midfielder in our promotion season.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    who are you expecting instead? we'll have a massively reduced budget next season. at least halved. we are going to have to cut costs and rebuild.
    I think next season will be a struggle, and we will need players like ralls to keep us clear of trouble.

Many people on this board say similar but he would not get into any side in the top half of this division.
    I suppose it depends on the clubs ambition over the next 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Many people on this board say similar but he would not get into any side in the top half of this division.
    Like a club in 8th place?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Like a club in 8th place?
    If everyone was fit he would not be picked

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He's played his entire career at this level or higher, approaching 300 games and is still only 27. Has 5 goals and 4 assists this season, played across several positions.
    Plenty of clubs would jump at the chance to take him. Pretty much the only midfielder I wouldn't want us to sell.