+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

Re: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's played his entire career at this level or higher, approaching 300 games and is still only 27. Has 5 goals and 4 assists this season, played across several positions.
    Plenty of clubs would jump at the chance to take him. Pretty much the only midfielder I wouldn't want us to sell.
    correction - with the loan he did to Yeovil he's played 315 games at this level or higher, almost all of that time in the championship he would have been at a top half club

he's a good player at this level
    He has been but he's been well short of his own standards this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Our key central midfielder in our promotion season.
    Football is all about the 'here and now' - Ralls has been poor for most of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Football is all about the 'here and now' - Ralls has been poor for most of this season.
    The issue with Ralls is that he is in a midfield that is dysfunctional.

How previous managers and the current manager think that any combination of Ralls, Vaulks & Pack would work consistently is a mystery in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I wonder if Tom Cairney, will be fed up at Fulham ? (or is he injured)
    now that a real midfielder if Vaulks is worth 6 million, he will be about 60 million

He's played his entire career at this level or higher, approaching 300 games and is still only 27. Has 5 goals and 4 assists this season, played across several positions.
    Plenty of clubs would jump at the chance to take him. Pretty much the only midfielder I wouldn't want us to sell.
    Absolutely agree.

If we had a creative man in midfield and Ralls was played in his proper position, he could be a part of a very good team.As he has been in the past.

But he is obviously a player whom managers think can "fill-in" in different positions, and when that has been tried the team has suffered for it and so has his reputation.

He is not a number 10, he can't play out wide, he's not a left wing-back. He's a very straightforward central midfielder. We need to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    The issue with Ralls is that he is in a midfield that is dysfunctional.

How previous managers and the current manager think that any combination of Ralls, Vaulks & Pack would work consistently is a mystery in itself.
    And the one we want to sell least (Ralls) is the player other teams will be most interested in.

There's a chance we keep all four because all are senior players who can help us pick up points in what will probably be a tough transition season and revamp midfield via contracts expiring instead, but if we're looking to change middle of the pitch next year then Ralls is most likely to be sold.

This summer and next summer are going to be fascinating but both will be difficult to judge until end of the window.

who are you expecting instead? we'll have a massively reduced budget next season. at least halved. we are going to have to cut costs and rebuild.
    I think next season will be a struggle, and we will need players like ralls to keep us clear of trouble.
    Your perspective on our ambition/situation next year supports exactly what I said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56943196

Manager Mick McCarthy says Cardiff City will have to sell players before they pay for any new signings this summer.

International

who are you expecting instead? we'll have a massively reduced budget next season. at least halved. we are going to have to cut costs and rebuild.
    I think next season will be a struggle, and we will need players like ralls to keep us clear of trouble.
    Well that's good to know. Where do you get your inside information on the financial position of the club and the decisions on next years deals? It's got to be a good source, no one else seems to know it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well that's good to know. Where do you get your inside information on the financial position of the club and the decisions on next years deals? It's got to be a good source, no one else seems to know it.
    it's well documented how much we are going to lose in parachute payments compared to this season. and it's easy to compare that to our operating budgets, and the operating budgets of other similarly sized clubs in this division

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Absolutely agree.

If we had a creative man in midfield and Ralls was played in his proper position, he could be a part of a very good team.As he has been in the past.

But he is obviously a player whom managers think can "fill-in" in different positions, and when that has been tried the team has suffered for it and so has his reputation.

He is not a number 10, he can't play out wide, he's not a left wing-back. He's a very straightforward central midfielder. We need to keep him.

He seems to be a jack of all trades and lost a yard of pace for someone who was already quite slow.

He only works in a 4-4-2 and the rest of the players do not suit that.

He sticks out like a sore thumb and he's not good enough to build the team around.

I think Gunnarsson covered a lot of his flaws

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    now that a real midfielder if Vaulks is worth 6 million, he will be about 60 million
    Cairney has been seriously injured most of this season and only played 7 games in total. He is also over 30 and over rated. Any attempt to buy him would be a total waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Cairney has been seriously injured most of this season and only played 7 games in total. He is also over 30 and over rated. Any attempt to buy him would be a total waste of money.
    Did a Fulham fan take a shit on your car at some point in time?🤪

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Did a Fulham fan take a shit on your car at some point in time?🤪
    He’s had the hump with Fulham ever since Bobby Reid chose Parker over Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He seems to be a jack of all trades and lost a yard of pace for someone who was already quite slow.

He only works in a 4-4-2 and the rest of the players do not suit that.

He sticks out like a sore thumb and he's not good enough to build the team around.

I think Gunnarsson covered a lot of his flaws
    Apart from hes not good enough to build a team around all the rest is complete rubbish.

He was our best central midfielder in our promotion season. We didnt play 442 and Gunnerson didnt even play half the games.

Compare the Ralls Gunnarson stats for the season.

International

it's well documented how much we are going to lose in parachute payments compared to this season. and it's easy to compare that to our operating budgets, and the operating budgets of other similarly sized clubs in this division
    I agree with all of that but if Vinnie is told someone is worth a punt he could easily put his hand in his pocket, its happened before when everyone was saying we had no money to spend.
    I personally have no idea what the operating budget of CCFC is nor how it compares to say Derby or Middlesbrough. I'm glad you have the info and find it so easy to compare. It saves me doing it.

£35 million seems to be around the figure

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    £35 million seems to be around the figure
    Yep, and the annual budget for similar clubs in this division who don't receive parachute payments I'm pretty sure is typically 25-30 million. So having a £35 million hole suddenly appear in the finances, not even including the effects of Covid 19 on our revenue this season surely has to have a quite drastic effect.

I see Alex Mowatt is out of contract in the summer. He's be a great addition to our midfield.

Sell moore, vaulks, glatzel, morrison to raise money.

Buy Waghorn, Rhodes, Mowatt and a right back

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post

please not this

Good lord.

I presume this is a joke?