+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

Re: The expected Cardiff City transfer ins and outs this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Sell moore, vaulks, glatzel, morrison to raise money.

Buy Waghorn, Rhodes, Mowatt and a right back

Rhodes would be bad enough. Losing Moore and adding Waghorn as well as Rhodes would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...r-ins-20465407

The Bluebirds manager has been planning for next season and we can already glean the sort of players he wants to stick around next term and the positions he is targeting this summer.
    Given that he wasn't even given a nominal runaround on Saturday, Tomlin must be going

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rhodes would be bad enough. Losing Moore and adding Waghorn as well as Rhodes would be a nightmare.
    And if selling morrison does have to happen we would need to replace him - we clearly couldn't start a new season playing 3 at the back and only have 3 recognised first team centre backs in the squad. We probably need at least 5 - perhaps Pack can fill that role but that still leaves us short

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Given that he wasn't even given a nominal runaround on Saturday, Tomlin must be going
    Excluding loans, the only players out of contract at end of this year are:

- Bennett
    - Hoilett
    - Bamba
    - Brown (his contract includes year's extension clause if we want to take it)

For anyone else to leave it will mean finding a buyer (and a deal clubs and player is happy with), loaning them out to an interested party and us paying part of the wages, or negotiating a pay-off.

Tomlin's most recent deal was signed when he was a key part of the team pushing for play-offs so I can't imagine it being the cheapest contract in the squad and playing record outside that magnificent spell is going to put off a lot of clubs. Do you think we'll loan him out to Peterborough again now they're back in the Championship?

Given our potential lack of funds - there are some interesting players out of contract this summer:
    Scot Malone - Good option at LB lots still think we made a mistake letting him go
    Kadeem Harris - See above
    Juninho Bacuna - younger and arguably more talented brother of our own Leandro
    Britt Assombalonga - lots of goals at this level
    Joe Lumley - QPR Goalkeeper dunno if he's any good but look at his name!
    Moses Odubajo - Solid Championship rightbak / wingback
    Lewis Holtby - Would add some lacking vision and creativity to the midfield
    Oumar Niasse - Didn't get a chance to play at Hudderfield but would be a handful at this level

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Given our potential lack of funds - there are some interesting players out of contract this summer:

Sanago was linked with us in the winter window before going to Huddersfield. He's out of contract this summer too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Scot Malone - Good option at LB lots still think we made a mistake letting him go
    Kadeem Harris - See above
    Juninho Bacuna - younger and arguably more talented brother of our own Leandro
    Britt Assombalonga - lots of goals at this level
    Joe Lumley - QPR Goalkeeper dunno if he's any good but look at his name!
    Moses Odubajo - Solid Championship rightbak / wingback
    Lewis Holtby - Would add some lacking vision and creativity to the midfield
    Oumar Niasse - Didn't get a chance to play at Hudderfield but would be a handful at this level
    Who thinks we made a mistake letting Kadeem Harris go?

Not me and Sheffield Wednesday fans can't wait to see the back of him

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/300571-harris/

"His first touch is falling over the ball"

I'll get you a list of names immediately.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...uture-20561215

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has said he is "really looking forward" to working with a fully-fit Lee Tomlin next season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...uture-20561215

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has said he is "really looking forward" to working with a fully-fit Lee Tomlin next season.
    The article says it would have been easy for McCarthy to put Tomlin on the transfer list. However, I don't think there would be too many suitors for the player if he were to do that, given his age, high salary, injury record and his seeming inability to keep himself fit.

We're lumbered with him is what McCarthy must be really thinking to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Not me and Sheffield Wednesday fans can't wait to see the back of him

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/300571-harris/

"His first touch is falling over the ball"
    You know, despite those damning appraisals of Kadeem Harris by Sheffield Wednesday fans, there are some City supporters who will tell you they'd have him back, that they always rated Harris and he was never given a fair crack at our club, blah blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You know, despite those damning appraisals of Kadeem Harris by Sheffield Wednesday fans, there are some City supporters who will tell you they'd have him back, that they always rated Harris and he was never given a fair crack at our club, blah blah blah...
    He's had more chances at Wednesday than he got here and he's failed miserably. I'm sure he's a nice lad and I wish him well in the future with another club other than ours.

He's had more chances at Wednesday than he got here and he's failed miserably. I'm sure he's a nice lad and I wish him well in the future with another club other than ours.
    I think it is understandable that people would have been happy for him to stay with us - he would have been a cheap option and he was always impressive for the u23s and could have developed further.
    And while not making an impression at a relegated club doesn't mean he never will at this level - I doubt anyone would be too enthusiastic about bringing him back here.
    I'd prefer to give game time to Colwill and Evans if we are cutting costs.

Harris is out of contact this summer. I wonder if he'll get another opportunity at a Championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it is understandable that people would have been happy for him to stay with us - he would have been a cheap option and he was always impressive for the u23s and could have developed further.
    And while not making an impression at a relegated club doesn't mean he never will at this level - I doubt anyone would be too enthusiastic about bringing him back here.
    I seem to remember Warnock saying that Harris's wage demands were much too high when his contract with us expired a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think the problem was that his financial demands to Cardiff were too excessive for his actual standing at the club. In 2017/8 when we went up he plays 1 game + 2 sub appearances. In our year in the PL he started just 3 games with another 10 sub appa and one goal. Would have been a useful squad player , but apparently not for the money he and his Dad were expecting.

So we bought Gavin Whyte for £2m instead!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think the problem was that his financial demands to Cardiff were too excessive for his actual standing at the club. In 2017/8 when we went up he plays 1 game + 2 sub appearances. In our year in the PL he started just 3 games with another 10 sub appa and one goal. Would have been a useful squad player , but apparently not for the money he and his Dad were expecting.

So we bought Gavin Whyte for £2m instead!!
    Yeah that's fair enough

Harris is out of contact this summer. I wonder if he'll get another opportunity at a Championship club.
    He is one of those players who is not quite good enough for the championship even a poor championship side like Wednesday. Think he would be quite good at a league one side say someone like Ipswich or Portsmouth. Watched the Derby Wednesday game Saturday and was impressed with Adam Reach, much better player than Harris and has been linked with us. Not sure if he is out of contract but if he was available cheap would be a decent signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    He is one of those players who is not quite good enough for the championship even a poor championship side like Wednesday. Think he would be quite good at a league one side say someone like Ipswich or Portsmouth. Watched the Derby Wednesday game Saturday and was impressed with Adam Reach, much better player than Harris and has been linked with us. Not sure if he is out of contract but if he was available cheap would be a decent signing.
    Adam reach is out of contract in the summer, and does have a bit of quality. he's played both left wing and left back, so could be ideal for the wing back position