+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Taylor..

Andrew Taylor..

City Stuff from fifty mins to 1hr 26

Taylor comes across as a really good pro, dedicated, honest, A Malky player.....

Talks about the club and fans really well, Touches on the Rebrand, Tan's Lucky Dragon dancing in the changing room before games, Describes Bellamy's Character perfectly in my opinion and gives us a bit of an insight in to why he could offend people, Talks about his time with Ole, Dalmans big 'wizzard' book of text messages, that seems to have contributed to him leaving the club-Taylor was very close to Malky and they shared Text messages..

Re: Andrew Taylor..

Sorry about half a screen, bloody ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If you print it out again, it will come out full screen (a BIG ONE)

No seriously, it will

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

No seriously, it will
    do you...….do you print out the pages to read them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do you...….do you print out the pages to read them?
    Luddite here my lovely by/girl/fruit/flower, couldn't give a flying fig about terms in technology

No seriously, it will
    Do it for me titters, you're probably more technology advanced than I am?

Do it for me titters, you're probably more technology advanced than I am?
    Just repeat what you did with the first one

Or print out the link

City Stuff from fifty mins to 1hr 26

Taylor comes across as a really good pro, dedicated, honest, A Malky player.....

Talks about the club and fans really well, Touches on the Rebrand, Tan's Lucky Dragon dancing in the changing room before games, Describes Bellamy's Character perfectly in my opinion and gives us a bit of an insight in to why he could offend people, Talks about his time with Ole, Dalmans big 'wizzard' book of text messages, that seems to have contributed to him leaving the club-Taylor was very close to Malky and they shared Text messages..

Just repeat what you did with the first one

Or print out the link
    Cheers tits, Double dose of Andrew Taylor, not such a good thing?

Only watched the bit about the leaving of Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson, the City bit up to going to Wigan but it was very enjoyable. Very good interviewee, must be great to have good speaker like Taylor as a guest.

Really interesting stuff about his time at City. Clearly enjoyed his time down here and was, at the time, bitter that he was forced out because of his texts with MacKay.

I have that problem when linking to Youtube videos - but I thought it only happened when I was using my Chromebook as opposed to my conventional laptop. Could just be co-incidence though.

Taylor has quite a charisma methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have that problem when linking to Youtube videos - but I thought it only happened when I was using my Chromebook as opposed to my conventional laptop. Could just be co-incidence though.

Taylor has quite a charisma methinks.
    I use a chromebook. Yup, Taylor speaks well, he didn't come across as the stereotypical footballer. I think that he only said 'Obviously' about 3 times!

I use a chromebook. Yup, Taylor speaks well, he didn't come across as the stereotypical footballer. I think that he only said 'Obviously' about 3 times!
    He didn’t start one sentence with a ‘Yeah no’.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He didn’t start one sentence with a ‘Yeah no’.
    They do one podcast with Andy Johnson. Holy Shit! The bloke should be sectioned, seriously, he's mental. When he was at WBA, they went to the states on a pre season thing. He bought a blow up doll and carried it around with him. When it was time to go home he jammed it in the hotel window, on the 20th floor or something, causing all of the air to compress which caused her arms to lift. Half of this dolls body hanging out the window. The police thought it was a 'jumper' and closed the road, while a crowd gathered

Great listen. Thanks

Didn't the club have access to malky's text cause he sent them from a work phone? Or am I remember things wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Didn't the club have access to malky's text cause he sent them from a work phone? Or am I remember things wrong
    I think that you're correct.

Enjoyed that was a good listen. Always liked Taylor. consistency like he had is great for a full back. I'm always struck in these type of interviews that second tier players all consider us to be a big club

One thing I've learned from listening to the links that Tuerto posts on here is that, almost certainly, Malky Mackay's appointment represented a complete change of tack from what had gone before and I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons why he was appointed. The interviews with players who had been on pre season tours when Dave Jones was manager are in complete contrast to what we heard from Andrew Taylor and go some of the way towards explaining the marmite like opinions players who were at the club at the same time have of Mackay.

I was really pleased when it was announced that we'd signed Taylor because I'd been very impressed with him when he played for Watford. He was a top end Championship left back with us who wasn't doing too badly in the Premier League before Mackay's sacking . It was interesting to hear him say he never took penalties during his career because he always struck me as having the mentality to be good at that and, it's not just with hindsight that I say I would have preferred him taking one against Liverpool instead of Gerrard (or Miller for that matter!) - I thought it at the time.

You could see the difference between Malky and Jones's sides on the pitch. Malky's sides were hard working and were often dominant in centre midfield, without having the flair of Jones's teams. The downside of Jones's Cardiff sides is that they could be great to watch (or utterly awful, there was rarely any happy medium), they lacked the backbone and determination when it ultimately mattered.

They do one podcast with Andy Johnson. Holy Shit! The bloke should be sectioned, seriously, he's mental. When he was at WBA, they went to the states on a pre season thing. He bought a blow up doll and carried it around with him. When it was time to go home he jammed it in the hotel window, on the 20th floor or something, causing all of the air to compress which caused her arms to lift. Half of this dolls body hanging out the window. The police thought it was a 'jumper' and closed the road, while a crowd gathered
    I was genuinely shocked at what Johnson is like. Total lunatic! Also an eye opener on his time with Wales. Wouldn’t be surprised if other (English) Welsh players are of the same opinion. Johnson doesn’t feel Welsh and thought it was a joke he was called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I was genuinely shocked at what Johnson is like. Total lunatic! Also an eye opener on his time with Wales. Wouldn’t be surprised if other (English) Welsh players are of the same opinion. Johnson doesn’t feel Welsh and thought it was a joke he was called up.
    Little different now, most of the English born players have been in the Welsh set up since they were kids, not been randomly called up in their 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Yup, his brother was regularly threatened because of it

I was really looking forward to Johnson's because he'd popped up in a few stories but I thought he was boring as ****. Only so many stories about trashing someone's hotel room or shitting in their boots before it gets a bit predictable. Plus he takes far too much pride in a lot of those things for someone in his mid 40s.

Some of the guests they've had have been absolute tools. I listened to 30 seconds of Rowan Vine's and had to turn it off because he sounded like a total bell end. Robbie Blake joked about drink driving on his. Anthony Gerrard came across as borderline deluded.

For me the best guests are the ones who are quite understated and actually have some interesting stories to tell, like Mark Crossley, John Beresford, and Luke Steele.