Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
I've got a Schwinkendorf story....
Years ago, my wife was friendly with the wife of a City director, Phil Jardine, and as a result, I knew him quite well. For my 40th birthday, my wife asked Phil if I could go to a home game as his guest. As I was 40, this must have been 1999. He told me to dress smartly, and on the day, he picked me up, and we spent an hour or so before the game in the Boardroom, chatting to all and sundry. At some point, Schwinkendorf came into the room (ducking to avoid the weird sloping ceiling), and Phil introduced us. We had a brief chat (he didn't speak much English) and I got him to sign my programme.
At half time, there was a buffet meal (pasta and salad), and while I was eating I put my programme down on the table, but when I went to pick it up, it was gone. I don't think anyone took it on purpose - there were piles of free programmes around the room, and someone had picked up my signed one by mistake. But it was gone forever. Here today, gone tomorrow - a bit like Jorn, I suppose.
Schwinkendorf most probably took it himself, couldn’t believe he had a programme from a professional game with his name in it, signed as well