+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Pauli.

Re: St Pauli.

I think lewj is right. After the match I had a ticket for was cancelled, they contacted me to see how I wanted my refund. I told them to keep the money given the circumstances. They then mailed back to say they really hoped I'd make another match. Never experienced that before. Exceptional club. I'm sure you'll make it if you really want to.

Re: St Pauli.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you're right, but I'll finally be able to save some money from February next year when I start getting the state pension and the house I moved into three years ago has needed a few grand spent on it which I've had to put off until then. It's a question of me being old, boring, but sensible and getting the house done or spending my pension on things like football games in Germany and I think the latter can, hopefully, wait a few years until I sort the house out - trouble is, there's always something that crops up which keeps things like watching St Pauli play pie in the sky isn't there.
    You could split your savings into two separate pots: Spend a decent proportion of it of it sensibly on your house and spend the other half enjoying life in the meantime as no-one knows when our health may deteriorate or when the Grim Reaper calls.
    I'll be doing a road trip in my van around German once circumstances permit and I hope to see a few games along the way, including St Pauli if at all possible.