+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this guys sentence justified, or should it have been longer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is this guys sentence justified, or should it have been longer?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think this is more about his mental illness than less respect amongst society.

Did you know that there are diaries written in the 16th century where they complain about the young generation lacking respect? Walking round with large ruffles or short pantaloons or something.
    This case may be, but if someone got knocked down in a high st today, or someone got stabbed a few folk would try to help, but many more would stand there filming it on their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This case may be, but if someone got knocked down in a high st today, or someone got stabbed a few folk would try to help, but many more would stand there filming it on their phones.
    True but in years gone by a few would have tried to help but many more would have stood there just watching, or kept walking

I'm inclined to agree with WT.

It wasn't that long ago there was a thing called self respect.
    People used to care about what other's perception of themself was.

The thought of bringing shame to the family by having the police knock on your door.

It just seems like anything goes so just get on and deal with it.

This guy may well have mental health problems and I'm sure his brief played on this big time but don't tell me he didn't know right from wrong.

He broke the law in the first instance, that in itself is risking hurting others.
    Taunting someone dying after trying to do their job instead of trying to perhaps comfort them is just wrong.
    To record and distribute the footage is just beyond belief.