Hull 0 v Bluebirds 2 🙂
    Never offside.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCELElO54jY
    Not so sure 😀

Re: Three years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Not so sure 😀
    Never offside......
    A grand day out. Fantastic atmosphere. Just Reading at home after that match. No nerves or anything.

What I particularly liked about that day is that Fulham and their arrogant fans were convinced that that was the day that they would overtake us in the table and our automatic promotion effort would be over. This performance and result basically shoved two fingers up to them and showed them that we weren't going to give it up. It basically demoralised them for the final game weekend, when they could only draw at lowly Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What I particularly liked about that day is that Fulham and their arrogant fans were convinced that that was the day that they would overtake us in the table and our automatic promotion effort would be over. This performance and result basically shoved two fingers up to them and showed them that we weren't going to give it up. It basically demoralised them for the final game weekend, when they could only draw at lowly Birmingham.
    Draw they lost 3 1.??

It would have been a right nerve wracking end to the game with Reading with us drawing. But as it was it was a celebration last 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Draw they lost 3 1.??

It would have been a right nerve wracking end to the game with Reading with us drawing. But as it was it was a celebration last 20.
    I felt we had another gear to go to in that Reading game if we needed.

on the other hand, the lowest Fulham have been since then is 4th on 81 points or something like that, and will probably be challenging for promotion again next season.
    Does anyone think that we will be?
    I'm no Fulham bummer, but it just goes to show how badly we wasted the opportunity

The Reading game proved how different parts of the stadium/different phone networks' coverage allowed some fans to track the Birmingham v Fulham score. Some easily, others not so. I recall a roar going up from the Ninian, nearest to the away fans, when Birmingham scored. Some of us in the Canton not having a clue what was going on but obviously good for City.....no signal. Suffice to say O2 was better than EE! We had to rely on a guy next to us to relay the ever positive news from St Andrews. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    on the other hand, the lowest Fulham have been since then is 4th on 81 points or something like that, and will probably be challenging for promotion again next season.
    I'm no Fulham bummer, but it just goes to show how badly we wasted the opportunity
    We will struggle to make top 6 next season. I just hope Mick can put together a team that plays fast attacking football of the "if the opposition score two, we'll score three" mentality. Fulham is a decent day out, if away fans are allowed back in next season, as is West Brom. Fulham should be there or thereabouts next season. Ditto, Baggies.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We will struggle to make top 6 next season. I just hope Mick can put together a team that plays fast attacking football of the "if the opposition score two, we'll score three" mentality. Fulham is a decent day out, if away fans are allowed back in next season, as is West Brom. Fulham should be there or thereabouts next season. Ditto, Baggies.
    Agree about the baggies, they still have decent players at this level and you'd expect Allardyce to get them up if he stays on. Sheff Utd could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I felt we had another gear to go to in that Reading game if we needed.
    I have never been to a game before where two side so obviously played for draw, especially at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have never been to a game before where two side so obviously played for draw, especially at the end!
    Sadly the highlight of Gary Madine's time with us came in this game as he kept telling the Reading 'keeper to just hold onto the ball! He played a blinder that day

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Never offside......
    A grand day out. Fantastic atmosphere. Just Reading at home after that match. No nerves or anything.
    Reading was a tense game , all that cheering at the end and adulation of one NW, what was that all about ?

In whose world is that a cruyff turn?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Reading was a tense game , all that cheering at the end and adulation of one NW, what was that all about ?
    Probably getting us promoted despite no one giving us a chance in hell

Is your comment really typical of most Fulham fans though? I used to post on one of their fans' websites and, like most fans of most clubs, they were very reasonable. Similarly, I don't identify with some fans of other clubs thinking that all Cardiff fans are roughnecks. I am of the mind that the majority of fans everywhere are just regular people.

One of the greatest away days. Up there with Leicester away in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They have only played one other Championship season since then, so that doesn't mean too much. Their ‘effort’ to stay in the Premier League hasn't gone that well this season either.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is your comment really typical of most Fulham fans though? I used to post on one of their fans' websites and, like most fans of most clubs, they were very reasonable. Similarly, I don't identify with some fans of other clubs thinking that all Cardiff fans are roughnecks. I am of the mind that the majority of fans everywhere are just regular people.
    Most clubs fans are reasonable but at that time a large number of their posters dismissed us as no hopers from the start of the season and were convinced that we would fall away and that they would overtake us, right up to the last game. This was a trait shared quite closely with Aston Villa fans at the time.