Vaulks PFA Community Award

Good for them

Re: Morrison & Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ds-recognition

Morrison in team of season

Good for them
    Well done to both of them - still trying to figure out what Vaulks' "tackle" on Saturday was all about mind.

2 year on the bounce for Morrison.
    That’s no fluke - it’s clear he is the best in his position at this level.
    Hell of a threat too in opposition box.

Let’s just appreciate him for a moment and not look at the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Yes , especially impressive in a season where we've only ever looked a mid table side, and we've not had a particularly watertight defence.

Those in the game rate him, just hope he isn’t on anyones radar this summer.

Watford...boast the best defence in the division. A frankly remarkable 25 percent of their league matches this season have ended in 1-0 wins. Watford have kept clean sheets in exactly half of their games, more than any other side in the league.
    (https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/...-daniel-storey)
    And only one defender in the team of the year. It's clear than Morrison is one of the most high profile and likeable defenders in this division, and he's one of two City players I'd put forward into discussion for a team of the year nomination, but surely Watford have a CB who has played better?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Is saying what I did being negative? I started a thread on here a few weeks back praising Vaulks when he won a similar award and I can remember watching a video around the time he signed for us when he came over as a really grounded and normal person in a profession where it must be easy to lose touch with the realities of life. All of which makes what he did that much harder to fathom - maybe there was bad blood with the Wycombe player involved from the game in December? The commentators possibly hinted at that in an earlier comment about him.

As for Morrison, although he struggled at times in the Premier League, I thought he was playing pretty well by the end of that season and I think it's fair to say that there haven't been many better centrebacks at this level over the past five years or so - he's a very good Championship centreback.

I remember fans were divided when Morrison came in and he took a fair bit of stick but he's developed into a great captain.

Ralls is our longest serving player though isn't he? Morrison second.

I like Vaulks' aggression but he needs to channel it a bit better. Someone said on here recently that he plays at 100mph which isn't always neccesary. Maybe that has had implications on his Wales selection?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I remember fans were divided when Morrison came in and he took a fair bit of stick but he's developed into a great captain.

Ralls is our longest serving player though isn't he? Morrison second.

I like Vaulks' aggression but he needs to channel it a bit better. Someone said on here recently that he plays at 100mph which isn't always neccesary. Maybe that has had implications on his Wales selection?
    Possibly Vaulks is paying the price for being at a club that plays the game in a different way to how Wales do? I think it's easy to only see Vaulks as a certain type of player, but, I always think that individually all of our central midfielders are Championship quality players. The problems arise when trying to convert them into a truly effective unit.

Vaulks has been taking free kicks and corners for us lately, so he must have decent dead ball level and I've seen him play some really good passes when he has a bit of time to do so - he'll never be a silky player, but his omission from Welsh squads is still a mystery for me when you consider some of the players being selected in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Possibly Vaulks is paying the price for being at a club that plays the game in a different way to how Wales do? I think it's easy to only see Vaulks as a certain type of player, but, I always think that individually all of our central midfielders are Championship quality players. The problems arise when trying to convert them into a truly effective unit.

Vaulks has been taking free kicks and corners for us lately, so he must have decent dead ball level and I've seen him play some really good passes when he has a bit of time to do so - he'll never be a silky player, but his omission from Welsh squads is still a mystery for me when you consider some of the players being selected in front of him.

You are correct regarding central midfield players, they all seem to be of the same. There isn’t any variation in the type of player they are, so it doesn’t work.

I take your point about City not playing the same football as Wales, but surely Moore and Wilson would be omitted if that were the case?

I automatically think that "the tackle" against Wycombe does him no favours. Going down to 10 men in the Championship is bad enough. Going down to 10 men when trying to qualify for the Euros or World Cup could be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ds-recognition

Morrison in team of season

Good for them
    Well done to both.

Well done to both of them - still trying to figure out what Vaulks' "tackle" on Saturday was all about mind.
    Reminds me of a ludicrous red [or maybe yellow on totting up system], that Chopra got in a home game just before the Christmas football programme. Nice week or so up North, no doubt !

maybe there was bad blood with the Wycombe player involved from the game in December? The commentators possibly hinted at that in an earlier comment about him
    I hadn't realised till now that it was Thompson who Vaulks fouled. Yes the commentator did say that Thompson was lucky to stay on the pitch in the first meeting. Thompson also committed a bad foul in the first half, I remember our bench being particularly vocal about it.