+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 4 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What an unexpected treat that was!
    Yeh enjoyed that. Worth the tenner to watch it. I know Brum weren't great but nice to see a quality hat-trick, a well taken goal by Harris who did well against a seasoned defender, and a good showing by Colwill which he should've capped with goal. Nice to see

Leko did well for Birmingham and that was about it. Phillip's could have taken a deckchair and had a snooze for most of the match. An impressive four goals and we may yet get 7th place.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Harry Wilson now has 4 goals and 2 assists against Brum this year.

Mark Harris with 3 goals which matches Glatzel's total but his (Harris') goals per 90, goal conversion and shot accuracy are going to be one of the best in our squad. He can certainly finish at a good level.
    Not sure if we should include Tomlin giving how little football he's played, though technically he has second best goals per 90, but if we're excluding him Harris has our:

- 2nd best goals per 90 rate
    - Best goal conversion rate
    - Best shot accuracy

His record is comparable to Duncan Watmore at Boro.

WHo was the last Welshman to score a hat trick for City?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    WHo was the last Welshman to score a hat trick for City?
    Must be Earnie?

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Must be Earnie?
    That’s what I was thinking - when he scored four against Gillingham in 2003/04.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Must be Earnie?
    I remember him getting one away at Macclesfield and sending the away end nuts

Not sure when that was. Probably our last away game hattrick from a Welshman

Can this persuade MM to sign Wilson next season? I think the future COULD be bright.

On another note....this was the first time I can remember that I wanted our friends down the road to win(!). Hope Derby go down...should be a heck of a final game Derby v Sheff Wed....would also like Rotherham to stay up....!

Where's Eric when you need him

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I remember him getting one away at Macclesfield and sending the away end nuts

Not sure when that was. Probably our last away game hattrick from a Welshman
    Earnie got one at QPR - that must have been after Macclesfield or Gillingham? We won 4-0. I saw it from that funny upper stand at Loftus Road, right behind the goal but a bit high.

Well if the 3 young lads on the bench yet to make their debut can’t get 5-10 minutes when we are 3/4-0 up in an end of season dead rubber they must be wondering if they ever will.

Why not throw one of them on instead of Jonny Williams?

Soured a good win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Earnie got one at QPR - that must have been after Macclesfield or Gillingham? We won 4-0. I saw it from that funny upper stand at Loftus Road, right behind the goal but a bit high.

Friday night game wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Me and the Mrs made a weekend of it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well if the 3 young lads on the bench yet to make their debut can’t get 5-10 minutes when we are 3/4-0 up in an end of season dead rubber they must be wondering if they ever will.

Why not throw one of them on instead of Jonny Williams?

Soured a good win for me.
    Couldn't agree more, made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Couldn't agree more, made no sense

I think MM is a very competitive and demanding manager and regardless of the circumstances, if there's a game to be won and with a clean sheet, he will take it. Check out the Birmingham fan forum and see what they think of Bowyer for picking a weakened side. Who'd be a football manager !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think MM is a very competitive and demanding manager and regardless of the circumstances, if there's a game to be won and with a clean sheet, he will take it. Check out the Birmingham fan forum and see what they think of Bowyer for picking a weakened side. Who'd be a football manager !
    I'm not sure what Bowyer would have learned about the youngsters he picked or whether they would've have gained much benefit from that experience. I would have liked MM to have introduced Bowen instead of Murphy maybe, but he has given Colwill, Sang & Bagan some useful game time so far and put Harris on today for a decent spell so I think he's serious about blooding the youngsters albeit cautiously. I'd like him to do more but I prefer his way than what Bowyer did with Brum today.

Collectively that’s about as good as it will get with 4 quality goals, normally there’s scrambled one in there, but all 4 perfect strikes from outside the box. Quality finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    No doubt there is a time and a place but 3 - 0 and 10 mins to go, it wouldn't have hurt anyone, what did we leanr6with Williams coming on. 10.mins for one or 2 of the young guys would have given them a huge boost.

Very pleased. Good football(for a change) and outstanding goals.
    Not even the late great Peter Whittingham has ever scored a better hat trick.
    Shame Wilson never quite hit those heights often enough. He would have been an all time City hero. We can see he is capable.