+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship relegation issues going to final day

Championship relegation issues going to final day

Top two already promoted. Norwich and Watford.

Norwich 5 points ahead of Watford with two to play. So need one more win for the title or Watford to drop points.

3 - 6 already confirmed for the play offs

3rd Brentford 81
    4th Bournemouth 77
    5th Swansea 77
    6th Barnsley 77

All with two to play. They are looking to finsh highest to get a second leg at home

Bottom 5

Huddersfield 47
    Derby 43
    Rotherham 39 (with a game in hand)
    Sheff Weds 39
    Wycombe 37

Could be all over tomorrow. Derby win and Rotherham lose and the bottom three are gone. But Derby have lost their last five in a row (and so have Rotherham).

Huddersfield are not mathematically safe but they would need to lose their final two games, Derby win both of theirs and Rotherham win their last three in order for Huddersfield to go down.

The value tomorrow is to see Derby fail to get more points than Sheff Weds. But Wednesday must get a result. If Wednesday lose they are down whatever happens. That could then set up a corker of a final day fixture between Derby and Sheff Weds at Pride Park. Depending on Rotherham's results that game could see one or other stay up or potentially both go down.

Re: Championship issues still to resolve

Rotherham have been so unlucky this season and I don't believe deserve to go down

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Top two already promoted. Norwich and Watford.

Norwich 5 points ahead of Watford with two to play. So need one more win for the title or Watford to drop points.

3 - 6 already confirmed for the play offs

3rd Brentford 81
    4th Bournemouth 77
    5th Swansea 77
    6th Barnsley 77

All with two to play. They are looking to finsh highest to get a second leg at home

Bottom 5

Huddersfield 47
    Derby 43
    Rotherham 39 (with a game in hand)
    Sheff Weds 39
    Wycombe 37

Could be all over tomorrow. Derby win and Rotherham lose and the bottom three are gone. But Derby have lost their last five in a row (and so have Rotherham).

Huddersfield are not mathematically safe but they would need to lose their final two games, Derby win both of theirs and Rotherham win their last three in order for Huddersfield to go down.

The value tomorrow is to see Derby fail to get more points than Sheff Weds. But Wednesday must get a result. If Wednesday lose they are down whatever happens. That could then set up a corker of a final day fixture between Derby and Sheff Weds at Pride Park. Depending on Rotherham's results that game could see one or other stay up or potentially both go down.
    Would enjoy seeing Derby go down, but I think they'll just about stay up. In terms of the playoffs, I'd like Brentford to do it, but it could be any of them realistically. I think Swansea are the weakest side there, but anything can happen really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Would enjoy seeing Derby go down, but I think they'll just about stay up. In terms of the playoffs, I'd like Brentford to do it, but it could be any of them realistically. I think Swansea are the weakest side there, but anything can happen really.
    I want to see Swansea get a bloody good leathering

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I want to see Swansea get a bloody good leathering
    the words of a pair of nuns

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    the words of a pair of nuns
    6 of the best

Bend over

Wednesday 0 - 0 Forest

53 mins played

Forest missed a penalty with last kick of the first half. Wednesday lose and they are down.

FT: Wednesday 0 - 0 Forest

Wednesday survive for now, they will go down today if Derby get a point at Swansea.

totally agree. Some bad decisions against them. I hope they stat up.
    Spedger

Crap game.

Expected a bit of guts from Wednesday

Never thought I’d say this but come on Swansea

Wednesday and Rotherham doing their best to take away any final day drama. Let's hope Swansea beat Derby to re-inject some excitement into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Wednesday and Rotherham doing their best to take away any final day drama. Let's hope Swansea beat Derby to re-inject some excitement into the league.
    Do you feel dirty hoping for a Jack win?

Derby went a goal up and that would have relegated Rotherham, Wycombe and Sheff Weds.

But Swansea have turned it around and scored two quick goals.

So as it stands Derby are not safe and the three clubs above would still have hope,

Swansea 2-1 up. Wycombe winning against Bournemouth and technically still in it, Rotherham need a goal against Blackburn otherwise they're down

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Swansea 2-1 up. Wycombe winning against Bournemouth and technically still in it, Rotherham need a goal against Blackburn otherwise they're down
    Rotherham have an extra game to play

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Do you feel dirty hoping for a Jack win?
    It has never happened, nor will it, but I'd only feel dirty for wanting them to win if the opposition was us. I'm cheering them on in the play-offs - though my selected club typically loses so they may not want that.

Wycombe go into the final day with an incredibly slim chance of survival now only needing a win, the rest to lose and a 12 goal swing on Derby. That would be the greatest ever escape.

Re: Championship relegation issues going to final day

Results today:

Sheff Weds 0- - 0 Forest
    Swansea 2 - 1 Derby
    Wycombe 1 - 0 Bournemouth
    Rotherham 1 - 1 Blackburn

Table:

Derby 43 pts
    Rotherham 40
    Sheff Weds 40
    Wycombe 40

Fixtures:

Tues Luton v Rotherham

Sat Cardiff v Rotherham
    Sat Derby v Sheff Weds
    Sat M'boro v Wycombe

Rotherham have two games to play. A win in either of those games could keep them up if Wednesday beat Derby and GD stays tight. That means whatever happens at Luton, Rotherham will have something to play for at CCS next week.

A Sheff Weds win will see Derby go down. A Derby win sends all the others down

Derby have lost the last six games in a row.

Wycombe have taken it to the last game of the season but their GD is so bad they will not survive.

Dilemma next weekend. I'd love to see Derby and Sheff Wed go down but we'd almost certainly need to lose for that to happen.

If and it’s a big if, Rotherham win their 2 games in hand they’re staying up effectively.

Luton and us.

Come on Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Dilemma next weekend. I'd love to see Derby and Sheff Wed go down but we'd almost certainly need to lose for that to happen.
    Play the Under 12s