+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Nightclubs

Re: Liverpool Nightclubs

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    thinly veiled “i booked a holiday to florida in august”
    got to start somewhere, August is a popular month for foreign holidays, if it was any other month we would be excluding the hard working teachers from the opportunity of holidays abroad, you are surely not saying that the teachers who have attempted to keep some normality for the children ( our future ) during the past year should be excluded from foreign hoildays are you Adz ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    he's off again

Good old stan
    You love me really

I had my second vaccine yesterday. I still wouldn't fancy a club or a gig though. Everything is open here to a degree. New York opens fully on July 1st. Mind you, they only just announced they were stopping flights from India today. So, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    got to start somewhere, August is a popular month for foreign holidays, if it was any other month we would be excluding the hard working teachers from the opportunity of holidays abroad, you are surely not saying that the teachers who have attempted to keep some normality for the children ( our future ) during the past year should be excluded from foreign hoildays are you Adz ? ? ?
    Florida has been open for months. Although, I can't say I'd fancy it in August. Hot as ****. Is August considered "off peak"? I remember a bar tender in Miami Beach once telling me that their busy season ended in May.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Florida has been open for months. Although, I can't say I'd fancy it in August. Hot as ****. Is August considered "off peak"? I remember a bar tender in Miami Beach once telling me that their busy season ended in May.
    Hopefully moving down there this year.
    Probably to Tampa/St Pete’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    A friend of mine just spent 4 months down there. I'd love to be able to do 2 or 3 months every year. I'd prefer southern California, but it's too expensive.

Are you retiring down there? My wife and I have been looking at Savannah, GA. More expensive than I thought.

Hot and Sticky

You don't realise how big these american urban areas are

Tampa , St Petersburg?

Over 3 million people !

A friend of mine just spent 4 months down there. I'd love to be able to do 2 or 3 months every year. I'd prefer southern California, but it's too expensive.
    If I was going to live in the states I would choose California I think , great summers but cooler than Florida , Mississippi , Georgia , Swampland , far too oppressive down there

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did you ever do any of the Travellers raves? Some of them were special..
    I went to castle morton, just for a night but that was nuts. There used to be quite a few smaller ones around cardiff, the wenault, Monmouth way. Used to drink in the four bars and you would always hear about one from the crusty crew in there.

You don't realise how big these american urban areas are

Tampa , St Petersburg?

Over 3 million people !
    The gulf coast is great, albeit when I often go in October, still mid 80’s but not so humid. The sea was 85 degrees when I was there on Halloween in 2019.....Some lovely places and beaches the whole way down. Tampa doesnt have the feel of a big American city, it’s all spread out and pretty laid back.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The Grafton theres a blast from the past
    Only place I’ve ever been sexually harassed and my teeth offered to be given back to me (after being removed) on a plate, it was fuucking brilliant

I didn't know you were a raver ?
    I'm not. I'm straight.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was messing around with my comment.

Some families can’t afford a foreign holiday so we are very privileged to think of it as “normal”.

I do see benefits of travel, as I myself, have learnt a lot from travelling. However, personally I am not gonna travel abroad because I feel that I don’t want to be the guy bringing a new variant, and causing the whole mess again. Short term pain to pre-empt a potential long-term issue.

I understand that all of the stuff we have been (or not been, more like) doing is collective, and it may be naive to think everyone else is doing the same. But I reckon each person being careful and making sacrifices is helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm not. I'm straight.
    I've got a girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hopefully all goes well and it can be another step back to normality
    Exactly, let's move on with trials like this. Can't live in fear for ever.

Are you retiring down there? My wife and I have been looking at Savannah, GA. More expensive than I thought.
    Well, 15 years off retirement but gearing towards it.
    I’d like to retire in Wales...but we we will see on that.

Everything depends on my wife’s company giving the green light for employees to work remotely....then it’s on.

It’s the winters here that really make me want to move as they are just dire.

We are looking at Clearwater all the way down to Sarasota.

Well, 15 years off retirement but gearing towards it.
    I’d like to retire in Wales...but we we will see on that.

Everything depends on my wife’s company giving the green light for employees to work remotely....then it’s on.

It’s the winters here that really make me want to move as they are just dire.

We are looking at Clearwater all the way down to Sarasota.
    Nice around Clearwater beach. Don’t know if I could live there, but it’s great for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nice around Clearwater beach. Don’t know if I could live there, but it’s great for a few weeks.
    Yeah I gather it’s a tourist spot.
    My Brother in Law lives down there and recommends a little town just north of Clearwater Called Dunedin.

Think the plan is to rent down there for a year to figure out where suits us best.

I've got a girlfriend
    I've got a wife...

Yeah I gather it’s a tourist spot.
    My Brother in Law lives down there and recommends a little town just north of Clearwater Called Dunedin.

Think the plan is to rent down there for a year to figure out where suits us best.
    It’s a slow pace of life if that’s what your after, old Canadians and Yanks everywhere. If your under 60 you will feel young

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s a slow pace of life if that’s what your after, old Canadians and Yanks everywhere. If your under 60 you will feel young
    Like on here 😁

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I was messing around with my comment.

Some families can’t afford a foreign holiday so we are very privileged to think of it as “normal”.

I do see benefits of travel, as I myself, have learnt a lot from travelling. However, personally I am not gonna travel abroad because I feel that I don’t want to be the guy bringing a new variant, and causing the whole mess again. Short term pain to pre-empt a potential long-term issue.

I understand that all of the stuff we have been (or not been, more like) doing is collective, and it may be naive to think everyone else is doing the same. But I reckon each person being careful and making sacrifices is helping out.
    to be fair, my reply was in humour adz, i found it a little humorous i could deflect from the fact that you were right, i have a Florida holiday booked for August ( 4th to the 29th ) with my post

its my 50th birthday celebration trip, so we were going to pull out all the stops on it

you are right about Fla being open, its been normal for months now, they are about to ( or just have ) dropped wearing face masks outside in certain area's of Fla

1st week of August is fairly peak still, some US schools are still on holiday, but you do see a massive drop in numbers after the 1st week of Aug,