+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The environment - politics

The environment - politics

Looking at all the leaflets coming through the door I notice pretty much all of them are mentioning the environment more than ever, some like Lib Dem’s putting it as a main item

Does this resonate with people? I know we’re not generally the demographic they’re going for but wondering if people care

Re: The environment - politics

Only the Greens will follow through on their environment pledges if they got in.
    But they won't get in.

The rest are bandwagon-jumping

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Looking at all the leaflets coming through the door I notice pretty much all of them are mentioning the environment more than ever, some like Lib Dem’s putting it as a main item

Does this resonate with people? I know we’re not generally the demographic they’re going for but wondering if people care
    Dunno. I personally tend to vote green in all local elections. They're actually quite strong in my area.

While I'm no expert I would suggest at a local level it means increased flooding in winter and in summer worse sleep patterns and reduction in employee productivity as it becomes uncomfortably hot.

At an international level an increased number of places will become uninhabitable which will, imo, lead to greater tensions, conflict and people needing to flee to cooler areas.

But other things will also contribute to this so unpicking how much these changes will be as consequence of climate change will be difficult until things have become worse.

DeSmog UK ranked Senedd manifestos as follows:

1. Greens and Plaid
    2. Labour and Lib Dems
    3. Tories
    4. Reform
    5. Propel, UKIP

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

It should resonate with people, if people thought Covid was bad wait until global warming gets worse. Probably the most important thing everyone should actually be worried about.